Favre (finally) has kind words for Rodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favre (finally) has kind words for Rodgers

There will come a day when what Brett Favre says about Aaron Rodgers won't matter to Green Bay Packers fans, but that day probably has not yet arrived.

NFL Network has spent the better part of the last week releasing excerpts of Favre's interview with Deion Sanders, and in the most recent clip, Favre was asked about the NFL quarterbacks that get his attention. He first talked about Tom Brady and Peyton Manning and then slipped a rare compliment to the quarterback who replaced him in Green Bay before moving on to Drew Brees and others.

"Aaron Rodgers, I knew when I left (Green Bay), this guy has all the tools," Favre told Sanders. "He can beat you with his feet. He's got a great arm, extremely accurate, handles the cast around him perfectly. I think that's the key sometimes. I think that's what Brady has done, regardless of who you put out there, he's good. That, to me, is the mark of a good quarterback."

Favre has a long history of sending backhanded compliments in the direction of Rodgers, who has as many Super Bowl rings as Favre and is just 28, but this one seemed rather genuine. A few more years of that and there might just be more cheers than jeers when the Packers finally get around to retiring Favre's number.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends

prettty interesting
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
    X