Broncos sign Prater to four-year deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos sign Prater to four-year deal

The Denver Broncos have signed standout kicker Matt Prater to a new four-year contract, John Elway announced.

"Matt has developed into one of the NFL's elite kickers and is a big part of our team," Elway wrote on his official Twitter account.

The Broncos had previously franchised Prater at a cost of $2.66 million but continued talks with him toward a long-term deal.

The Broncos had until July 16 to sign Prater to a long-term deal. Otherwise, he would have played the entire season under the franchise designation

Prater established himself as an excellent kicker over the past season.

He connected on 19 of 25 field goals, including seven in the fourth quarter or overtime during four of the Broncos' eight victories.

Prater booted a dramatic 59-yard field goal in a win over the Chicago Bears.

A former undrafted free agent from Central Florida, Prater has previous stints with the Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions and the Atlanta Falcons.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/92956495@N04/sets/

my photobucket is my collection. some will be easier to trade than others, so don't be offended if I turn down a trade offer I don't like
    I collect hof au's/gu's,rcs and select lions/bears/vikings/twins/cubs for friends
Working...
X