Good ol USPS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ol USPS!!

Take a look at USPS's latest fine work....

A recent trade I did, wasn't the senders fault, packaging was good, "do not bend" stamped all over, just a fine example of our fine gov. work at its best! This is the 1st time ive ever had an issue with damaged cards......super bummed!

With no insurance purchased, do I have any pull with usps to get reimbursed in any way?? What do u guys think?
    Last edited by azdbacks1998; 08-06-2012, 11:47 AM. Reason: added pics to the thread, instead of linking them.
    Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Sorry to hear that. Damn postal service. LOL!

You can probably complain to the post office, but they will probably say no insurance tough luck.

Comment

Yep, it sucks....I'll let USPS know and see what they say, but im probably SOL without having insurance, it just hurts being the 1st time its ever happened to me. I guess its the chance I take trading thru the mail.

Oh well, I'll just put it in a team bag and keep it as-is....with all its "character" ....
      Currently looking for:
      Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
      + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

be greatful u havent had US Customs open your stuff,thats happened to me twice now,and its been a royal pain in the ass because they did a half-assed job of re-sealing the packages i sent out to family and friends

Comment

With the volume of mail the USPS does, some mishaps will occur unfortunately, just like UPS and Fedex and never mind the fact that USPS delivers alot of the UPS and Fedex last legs (out into rural areas) because it's not cost effective for them to drive out to Joe Bobs Cabin in the woods. Regardless of the cost, if the item is important it should be insured. By the way, can anyone tell where I work?

Comment

lol....lesson learned....but to be truthfull, i still prob won't insure simple trades.....the odds are that an item will arrive safely 95% of the time. SanJosefuji posted a cool article about cards with character that I enjoyed and truely believe in as well. A little "character" never hurt nobody!!

Here's a link to sanjosefuji's post in case u havnt seen it.
            http://community.cardboardconnection...character.html

This Andre Roberts letter will be my 1st non-vintage PC card with "character".

Good times!
            Currently looking for:
            + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

It still sucks when it happens to you.

Comment

Originally posted by cornwellfamily View Post
                With the volume of mail the USPS does, some mishaps will occur unfortunately, just like UPS and Fedex and never mind the fact that USPS delivers alot of the UPS and Fedex last legs (out into rural areas) because it's not cost effective for them to drive out to Joe Bobs Cabin in the woods. Regardless of the cost, if the item is important it should be insured. By the way, can anyone tell where I work?
                I don't live in a cabin in the woods(cue the banjo music), just a mile out of the metro, but USPS delivers a lot of things that start with UPS. But I get regular UPS deliveries daily. I wonder if the sender has some outdated info regarding the area I live in, cause it doesn't make any sense at all.

Typically, my mailman does a good job delivering the mail. A lot of times, if I'm mailing a bubble mailer and it doesn't have proper postage, he'll get out of his pickup, ring my doorbell and let me know, rather than it making its way back to me a week later.

Comment

Todd,

I'm sending a little something today. I thought I packaged th Roberts well, but I guess this happens occasionally. I'll send the package through UPS!
                  Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Hey bud,
                    I thought the packaging was good too, and was marked as needed. Neither of us would have predicted the pachage to be slammed between two valult doors!!....lol. Like I said in the PM to u, in my eyes, this was in no way your fault. I just wanted to share my 1st expierience of a damaged card thru the mail with everyone.

Very cool of you to send something tho, that's why I love this site....its full of cool peeps!!.....not like the real world!!.....lol.

Currently looking for:
                    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Go Cats!!!

Trade page:

Comment

No worries bud. Real bad luck! I've only had that happen to me once, and I was so disappointed.
                      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
                      X