Terrell Owens Signs With Seattle - No Longer A Seahawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrell Owens Signs With Seattle - No Longer A Seahawk

Dave "Softy" Mahler of KJR 950 Seattle reports that free agent Terrell Owens is en route to Seattle for a visit with the Seahawks.
    Mahler broke the news when Seattle signed Braylon Edwards last week, so he appears to be on top of things in the Great Northwest. The Seahawks recently swapped out Antonio Bryant for Edwards, and apparently aren't done looking at wide receivers the rest of the league has left for dead. Owens, who turns 39 in December, hasn't played since the 2010 season with Cincinnati. He caught 72 balls for 983 yards and nine touchdowns that year, outplaying Chad Ochocinco.

Source: Dave Mahler on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Owens agrees to terms with Seahawks after tryout - Yahoo! Sports

RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Terrell Owens is coming back to the NFL, hoping the Seattle Seahawks' search for another veteran wide receiver will get him off the sidelines.

The 38-year-old Owens had a tryout with the Seahawks on Monday morning, and hours later the team announced it had agreed to terms with the former star receiver. He hasn't played in the NFL since the 2010 season with Cincinnati, when he caught 72 passes for 983 yards and nine touchdowns.

Foxsports.com first reported the agreement between Owens and the Seahawks. Terms of Owens' contract weren't available.

Owens sat out the entire 2011 season following surgery on his left knee and failed to receive any offers. He then had surgery on his left knee and didn't receive any offers to play last season.

Owens initially made his return this spring playing for the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League. He had 35 catches for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns while playing eight of 11 games, but was released and lost an ownership stake in the team in May.

Owens, a third-round draft choice by San Francisco in 1996, has started 201 of the 219 regular-season NFL games he has played in his career. He has 1,078 receptions for 15,934 yards and 153 touchdowns - the second most in league history.

His nine seasons with at least 1,000 yards receiving and 13 years with at least 50 catches rank third. His total receptions are sixth on the NFL career list. Owens spent eight seasons with San Francisco, two with Philadelphia, and three with Dallas before a pair of one-year stints with Buffalo and Cincinnati.

Comment

Owens reportedly ran a sub-4.5 forty-yard dash during his Monday tryout in Seattle.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

very interesting and wondered what he has left
        I collect mainly football these days, Maurice Jones Drew, Joe Flacco, Matt Forte, DeMarco Murray, Patrick Willis, Emmitt Smith and 1974 Topps. Baseball Derek Jeter. Basketball Kevin Garnett. Non Sports James Bond, Star Wars, Tomb Raider.

http://s801.photobucket.com/albums/yy291/bakemeister52/

Comment

T.O. tweets he's 'no longer' with Seahawks - Yahoo! Sports

RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Terrell Owens NFL return lasted less than three weeks.

Owens tweeted on Sunday that he is no longer a member of the Seattle Seahakws, part of the league-mandated roster reductions from 90 to 75 players. The 38-year-old posted a message on his Twitter account shortly before 11 a.m. PDT that he had been released.

''I'm no longer a Seahawk. I THANK the organization 4 the opportunity, I'm truly blessed beyond belief. My FAITH is intact & will NOT waiver.''

Owens signed a one-year deal with Seattle (No. 22, APPro32) on Aug. 7, following a sterling workout that had coaches and Seahawks staff raving about how good he looked for having not played an NFL game in more than 18 months. He signed just before Seattle's first preseason game and made his debut in the second week against Denver.

But his preseason performance was more notable for the passes he dropped than anything he caught. Owens dropped a potential 46-yard touchdown against Denver on a perfect throw from Matt Flynn. He failed to make a catch in any of his five targets against the Broncos and then had another glaring drop against Kansas City on Friday night. He finished the preseason with just two receptions - a 40-yard catch from Russell Wilson where Owens had to slow down and lean back to haul in the pass and a 1-yard reception on a screen.

For as impressive as his long catch was in Seattle's 44-14 win over the Chiefs, it served as Owens' only highlight in a Seahawks uniform.

Comment

thought this was going to happen. Carroll likes "team" players.
            http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Comment

since he likes to tweet so much maybe he can become their spokesman!
                http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
                X