Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos Debut

Manning uneven in first appearance with Broncos - Yahoo! Sports

CHICAGO (AP) -- Peyton Manning's first appearance with the Denver Broncos was a brief one.

Manning played one possession in the preseason opener against the Chicago Bears on Thursday night and got intercepted near the end zone.

In his first appearance since the Pro Bowl following the 2010 season while with Indianapolis, Manning completed 4 of 7 passes for 44 yards.

''He was remarkable,'' coach John Fox said. ''He came back. He's worked very hard. He hasn't played football in (almost) two years. I thought it was a good first drive in these conditions. It was sloppy. It was sloppy by the receivers as far as the conditions but I thought it was a very good first outing.''

On the game's first play from scrimmage, his pass attempt was broken up by Lance Briggs. Then Chicago's Geno Hayes tipped the ball near midfield, but Jacob Tamme hauled it in for a 12-yard gain.

After a short run by Willis McGahee, Manning found Eric Decker on the left for 10 yards. A 19-yarder to Decker put the ball at the 14. But on third down at the 12, Manning was picked off when Denver's Brandon Stokley deflected a pass and Major Wright dived to grab it.

Could've been better if Thomas made that catch!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Working...
    X