NFL scab referees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL scab referees

Did anyone else see the Giants game where the replacement ref called "holding" on the ball carrier? Awesome!!!

These refs are terrible. Makes the real refs look amazing.

Comment

ESPN is full of idiots too. Showed a Cowboys Rookie from "Southwest Missouri State University". SMSU hasn't existed in 7 years(my wife is alum). Mike Tirico did say Missouri State University though.

It's the small things that really bother and irratate me!

Comment

I wish the NFL would come to terms with the regulars. However, it takes time to really get into the flow of the game. Its a good thing there is a pre-season to prepare if this goes into the season. I officiate HS football and hope to move up in the future. I can tell you that as officials we are always learning and making ourselves better (if we put in the time and effort) and there will never be a game at any level that is called perfect.
        I am looking for: JJ Watt, Kawhi Leonard, George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jose Altuve, Panini Points...
        http://s189.photobucket.com/albums/z260/leedawg62/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/143859720@N05/albums
        I don't deal outside the US

Comment

Originally posted by leedawg62 View Post
          I wish the NFL would come to terms with the regulars. However, it takes time to really get into the flow of the game. Its a good thing there is a pre-season to prepare if this goes into the season. I officiate HS football and hope to move up in the future. I can tell you that as officials we are always learning and making ourselves better (if we put in the time and effort) and there will never be a game at any level that is called perfect.
          I agree that no game will ever be called perfectly. In any sport. But, the penalty I mentioned above is what really burns me up. Your beginning level official would know that you cant call a holding penalty on the ball carrier! If a mistake was made and he called the wrong number, then that's an honest mistake. It happens. But the video clearly shows that he intended to call the penalty the way that he did.

I was a softball umpire for a few years. Want tough? Try getting a call right with a bunch of beered up players and fans! The only thing tougher would be umpiring Little League!

Comment

Working...
          X