Maurice Jones-Drew Demands Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maurice Jones-Drew Demands Trade

First Down: MJD demands trade, Jennings commands attention | Roto Arcade - Yahoo! Sports

Over the past several weeks the fantasy community has waited on pins and needles for the return of its rush king.

Sadly, it doesn't appear he will emerge from his self-imposed exile anytime soon.

In a stunning turn of events, Maurice Jones-Drew, who's prolonged holdout was thought to be ending soon, openly expressed his displeasure regarding comments Shad Kahn made recently about his All-Pro's monetary demands. In a bold move, plucked from the pages of the Prima Dona Handbook, the rusher voiced his desire to get out of Jacksonville...immediately. From the AP:

Jones-Drew's agent, Adisa Bakari, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the Jacksonville Jaguars running back is upset with owner Shad Khan's recent public comments about his client's 27-day holdout.

''Maurice wants to play for an organization that wants him and for an owner who respects him and values what he brings to a team - on the field, in the locker room and in the community,'' Bakari said.

''Train's leaving the station. Run, get on it,'' Khan said.

Bakari made it clear that those statements don't sit well with Jacksonville's biggest star.

''Obviously, he's not happy that what started as a very cordial and private conversation is now public and contentious,'' Bakari said.

What does a big fan of a football team do when you begin to hate the person that owns your franchise?
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

He shouldn't be holding out:

He has two years left on the five year $31 million deal he signed in 2009 and the Jaguars expect to honor his contract. Jones-Drew wants a raise in the $9.4 million he is slated to earn the next two years because several other running backs have passed him in the salary derby.

He is under contract, this is why sports is hard for people to go see. You are under contract you need to play.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Give Jones-Drew a break. How can he survive on only $6.5 million per year. As I believe Patrick Ewing stated, he makes a lot of money but he has to because he spends a lot of money too. Honor your contract!
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Is MJD the next Sprewell?
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

The agent for holdout Maurice Jones-Drew reportedly said that his client is now "open to bridging" his relationship with the Jaguars and owner Shad Khan.

Source: NFL.com
            Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

He won't get traded

Comment

No MJD shouldn't be holding out. Fact is I can't stand how vocal the Jags new owner is. He has no football background, he's just a rich dude that was able to buy a football team. He was vocal about how we needed to get Tebow and now he's being vocal on this matter. I get it, yes MJD has a contract and shouldn't be holding out because he wants to solidify a longer and richer one. But that kind of stuff is done with most star plays on their teams. MJD has been the Jags offense since Fred Taylor left, we never had a good WR corp with him and our QB play has been decent to a little above average at best. He is the Jags franchise at this current point of time and should be shown that. That's my opinion.

I just can't stand vocal owners like Jerry Jones and now, obviously, Khan. Yes I know they own the team and yes I know they want in a matter of speaking have the best product on the field in order to make money but for me why have a GM if your owner wants to do his job?
                my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

as much as i would like to see him out of the AFC South, i still believe he will be there when the season starts..i don't see them trading him or letting him sit out

Comment

Jacksonville Jaguars RB Maurice Jones-Drew ends holdout Sunday - ESPN

Comment

Working...
                    X