Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seahawks Cut Kellen Winslow

Seattle surprisingly releases TE Kellen Winslow - Yahoo! Sports

RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Kellen Winslow was acquired by the Seattle Seahawks in the hopes that along with Zach Miller the duo could become a formidable set of tight ends who could add another element to the Seahawks offense.

Those plans drastically changed on Saturday when Winslow was released by the team, keeping true to the Seahawks' past form of tinkering with their roster even after all training camp cuts are made.

A team spokesman confirmed Winslow's release shortly after it was first reported by ESPN.com. Winslow was scheduled to make $3.3 million in base salary in 2012, following his trade from Tampa Bay to Seattle in May.

Seattle moved quickly to fill Winslow's spot by agreeing to terms with former Cleveland tight end Evan Moore, who was released by the Browns on Friday. Moore caught 34 passes for 324 yards and four touchdowns a season ago for Cleveland. Cutting Winslow briefly left Seattle with just Miller and Anthony McCoy on the active roster, but there is likely to be more shuffling before the Seahawks start preparations for the regular season opener at Arizona on Sept. 9.

The Seahawks gave up a conditional draft pick to the Buccaneers to get Winslow, who said it became clear he didn't fit into the plans of new Tampa Bay coach Greg Schiano. Even with knee problems in the past, he was expected to be a significant contributor to the Seahawks offense.

this is a real big shock!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

he's always been an over rated arrogant a-hole that thought he was better than he was..only got to where he was off his daddy's name!

Comment

Working...
      X