Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark Sanchez Leads Jets Past Bills

Sanchez, defense lead Jets past Bills 48-28 - Yahoo! Sports

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- All those doubts, questions and concerns about Rex Ryan's Jets? Well, no worries, after all.

With a whole lot of Mark Sanchez, a sprinkling of Tim Tebow and a dominant first-half effort by the defense, New York manhandled the Buffalo Bills, routing their AFC East rivals 48-28 in the season opener Sunday.

Sanchez threw three touchdown passes, including two to rookie Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerley had a touchdown catch and a punt return for a score, and Antonio Cromartie took one of New York's three interceptions of Ryan Fitzpatrick to the end zone.

That's from a team - labeled by some a ''circus'' for its penchant for offseason headlines - that had many wondering what to expect after the first-team offense failed to score a touchdown in the first three games of the preseason.

There were plenty of touchdowns in this one for the Jets, who set the franchise mark for most points in a season opener on Shonn Greene's late 1-yard scoring run.

Sanchez had the offense humming along so well, the fans at MetLife Stadium actually booed Tebow when he failed to gain a yard when he took a direct snap in the second quarter. The video board quickly flashed a sign: ''Quiet! Offense At Work!''

Not everything went right, though, as the Jets allowed 195 yards rushing, including a career-high 169 by C.J. Spiller, and All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis left in the fourth quarter with a head injury.

Perhaps the only other thing that went wrong came early in the fourth quarter when Ryan took a tumble when Scott Chandler knocked into him on the sideline after a catch. Ryan went down to a knee and then laughed as he got up.

The game marked the highly anticipated debuts of Tebow, who worked in the wildcat a little bit and also recovered a late onside kick by Buffalo, and Bills defensive end Mario Williams - who was a non-factor against a Jets offensive line that protected Sanchez throughout and gave him plenty of time to throw.

Sanchez finished 19 of 27 for 266 yards and the three scores and an interception, and Tebow had five rushes for 11 yards and didn't throw a pass. Greene had 27 carries for 94 yards and the TD, and Hill had five catches for 89 yards.

Fitzpatrick was 18 of 32 for 195 yards and three touchdowns - to Chandler, Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones - and the three interceptions.

he needed tebow to push him!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

The Sanchize!

Comment

Working...
      X