Tim Tebow Named Most Overrated NFL Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow Named Most Overrated NFL Player

Tim Tebow named most overrated player by his NFL peers | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

On the football field, Tim Tebow has done a serious disappearing act this season with the New York Jets. After leading the Denver Broncos to an improbable playoff win over the Pittsburgh Steelers last season, Tebow was traded to New York in March, became even more of a media commodity than he had been before, and promptly putzed out from a player participation standpoint. Per our own Brian McIntyre, everybody's favorite substitute quarterback/running back/punt protector has logged just 49 offensive snaps and 41 snaps on special teams through the Jets' first seven games.

So, it should come as no surprise that Tebow was named the league's most overrated player by a crushing margin in a poll of his NFL peers. After 180 players responded to a Sports Illustrated survey, Tebow was seen by 34 percent of those players as the man most in need of a reset in the amount of attention he gets.

Bad news for the Jets: The second-most overrated player per the same poll was Mark Sanchez, the man Tebow couldn't unseat as the team's starting quarterback. Sanchez received 8 percent of the vote, which tied him with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo. Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick finished next with 4 percent of the overrated vote, and Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis rounded out the top-5 list with 3 percent.

Least shocking news of the day.

Comment

Couldn't agree more!
      U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
      Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
      Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

He still stinks.
        Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Sanchez was 2nd. The Jets look set at qb.
          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

ay least they r the top 2 in something!
            http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
            X