Cowboys making things 'crisper' for Tony Romo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys making things 'crisper' for Tony Romo

The Dallas Cowboys have been undermined all season by the inability to do the little things.

This has been especially apparent on offense, where illegal procedures and general miscommunication have contributed to the unit's disappointing performance.

NFL.com and NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports that the Cowboys will attempt to rectify some of these problems by minimizing the communication between Tony Romo and his offensive line before plays.

"We thought we have a heck of an advantage as well as Tony sees and when the ball was snapped, we wanted all of that we could get," owner Jerry Jones told Rapoport. "But to some degree, it created other issues relative to execution -- offsides penalties, those kinds of things. We've cut back some.

"Basically, we've created a little less pre-snap communication with the rest of the team," Jones went on. "That's not taking a load off him, but the communication before the ball is snapped has been tightened up and crisped. Made crisper."

This isn't necessarily an indictment of Romo, though he might not ever outsmart defenses the way Peyton Manning has for years. Jones said the change in gameplan isn't about making Romo a less aggressive quarterback.

"We don't want to take the Romo out of Romo," Jones told Rapoport.

"That's going to take us where we're going to get," he said. "He's going to be the one that's got to get there and the one to decide whether to make a play or not."

The Cowboys are killing themselves with the simple stuff. Consider this an attempt to make the simple less complicated.

By Dan Hanzus
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Somethings gotta give I miss the days when the Dallas Cowboys ruled the NFL!!
    U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
    Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
    Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

My best memory of the Cowboys was when Kosar took the kneel down to win the Super Bowl. He's a good guy and it obviously would have been better if he did it for the Browns, but I'm glad he got a ring. I went to his signing last month and again last night. He signed a 1987 yearbook, a picture, 2 cards, 2 mini-helmets and my Browns flag. Linc got 1 of the helmets. Sorry to ruin my Cowboys thread!

Last edited by whitney777; 10-27-2012, 10:42 PM.
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

So much hype behind the Cowboys every year, and how many playoff games have they won in the last decade? lol
        "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
        X