Buccaneers CB Eric Wright facing 4-game suspension for Adderall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buccaneers CB Eric Wright facing 4-game suspension for Adderall

Buccaneers cornerback Aqib Talib is in the middle of serving his four-game suspension for testing positive for Adderall. CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman has confirmed the Jay Glazer report on Fox NFL Sunday that the team's other starting cornerback, Eric Wright, is also facing a four-game ban for Adderall.

According to Freeman, Wright is using a similar explanation as Talib, saying that he used the drug just one time.

During the offseason, Wright was arrested on suspicion of DUI, and there was speculation that Tampa Bay was considering releasing him. Ultimately, Wright was not formally charged.

On the season, Wright has eight passes defended and an interception to go with 31 combined tackles.

According to Glazer, there are “several players” in the league who take the drug to deal with attention deficit disorder.

By Josh Katzowitz
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

I know adderall is basically speed but if these guys NEED it for A.D.D. then why fine/susp them? I'm not sure I understand this one..

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Originally posted by 90sTriplets View Post
      I know adderall is basically speed but if these guys NEED it for A.D.D. then why fine/susp them? I'm not sure I understand this one..
      Because they don't have a prescription for it. If they had one, they wouldn't get suspended.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

I'm sure these guys could get a script somehow. Are they just dumb? I think I just answered my own question... lol

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
        LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Working...
        X