Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall: Official that ejected me was 'equally at fault'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redskins CB DeAngelo Hall: Official that ejected me was 'equally at fault'

Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall was ejected from the Week 8 game against the Steelers for a "foul against an official." Afterwards, coach Mike Shanahan admitted that he was concerned that Hall could be suspended, and Hall announced his plans to meet with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to tell his side of the story.

Now. more than two weeks after the Oct. 28 game, the league has finally handed down Hall's punishment. A source close to the situation tells CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora that Hall has been fined $30,000. The matter had been under review, during which time Hall claimed an on-field official also verbally abused him during the incident, which ultimately resulted in his ejection.

“From that particular camera angle, you can't see what that ref's saying to me,” Hall said several days after he was ejected. “So it looks like I'm just out there giving him a piece of my mind and he's smiling and walks away. And that's not the case at all. He's dishing it out just as much as I'm dishing it out. ...

"That's why we want to sit with the commissioner and whatever comes about this, and we want to tell our side of the story. … It shouldn't be a situation where he said and I said one thing, where I am telling you I said this and it's he-said and she-said."

No word on whether the official involved in the incident has faced punishment.

By Ryan Wilson
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

officials don't do anything wrong! they are perfect...........aren't they?
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X