Chiefs player kills himself; police reportedly investigating two shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chiefs player kills himself; police reportedly investigating two shootings

A Kansas City Chiefs player fatally shot himself Saturday morning, according to Kansas City, Mo., police. A team source tells CBSSports.com that linebacker Jovan Belcher was involved in a shooting at the Chiefs' practice facility.

KCTV-5 in Kansas City is reporting that police say a Chiefs player murdered his girlfriend at his home before shooting himself at the team's facility.

By Jason La Canfora | CBS Sports NFL Insider
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

There's alot of conflicting reports at the moment, so nothing is concrete yet. I read that the girlfriend is in critical condition, I also read that Belcher shot himself after driving to the stadium and getting into an argument with the coaching staff.
    "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

@playoffpush: Reports are confirmed, Belcher killed himself in front of Head Coach Romeo Crennell and GM Scott Piolli. Oh my god....
      Beyond tragic if true.

Comment

Very tragic.

The NFL has advised the Chiefs Sunday opponent, the Panthers, to make the trip to KC. Business as usual for that prick, Goodell.

Comment

The NFL has announced that the Panthers versus Chiefs game set for 1:00PM ET on Sunday will kick off as scheduled despite the tragic events of Saturday morning that resulted in ILB Jovan Belcher taking his girlfriend's life before ending his own.
          "After discussions between the league office, Head Coach Romeo Crennel and Chiefs team captains, the Chiefs advised the NFL that it will play tomorrow’s game vs. the Carolina Panthers at its originally scheduled time," read the statement. The Chiefs will have minimal time to mourn their loss, and Crennel, after witnessing Belcher take his own life on Saturday morning, is now forced to put together a game plan.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

More details emerge on deaths of Jovan Belcher and Kasi Perkins - CBSSports.com

Comment

dang so sad!
              http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Video released of officers responding to Belcher shooting - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Comment

Working...
                X