Darnell Dockett fined, teammates not happy with him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darnell Dockett fined, teammates not happy with him

Arizona player Darnell Dockett has always been a free spirit who speaks his mind. You can tell on Twitter. He says almost anything. Dockett, however, took that freedom a bit too far in last week's game and is paying the price.

CBSSports.com was able to confirm a report from XTRA Sports 910 in Phoenix that Dockett was fined six figures for what were basically mutinous acts during the team's game last week against the New York Jets. I was told the figure was at least $100,000. The NFL Network reported the fine was $200,000.

Arizona coach Ken Whisenhunt wasn't the only person angry with Dockett. I'm told defensive teammates aren't happy with Dockett either and that the anger of those teammates is the reason the fine is so substantial.

This is not a good situation for the Cardinals. Not at all.

This all began when the Arizona coaching staff wanted New York to score to give the Jets an eight-point lead late in the game and Arizona a chance to get the ball back and tie the game. This is not an uncommon or unreasonable tactic, and it was the only way the Cardinals could have won.

Dockett argued with teammate Kerry Rhodes over the call and later the Cardinals coaching staff.

A source said Dockett's actions were so over-the-top it rubbed almost everyone on the Arizona team the wrong way.

The union is already in the process of appealing the fine and since the fine is so large a source expects it to be reduced. Dockett may win money back but he might now have a larger mission: earning back the trust of teammates.

By Mike Freeman | National NFL Insider
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

He is going to be traded anyways. Maybe to the Jets for one of their crappy qb's to join AZ's.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X