Beckett updates on Conditional Value?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beckett updates on Conditional Value?

With Megatron just breaking Jerry Rice's season Record for recieving yards in a season I started to wonder. Maybe someone here has the answer. When will Beckett lower/raise the value of a player's card? I could see them raising values on Calvin Johnson cards now that he has solidified himself among the best recievers of all time.
    I understand the concept of supply/demand and scarcity of such products, but as a whole do they increase all cards' value by a certain % or just a few at a time?
    I give this example... Tim Tebow, you know where I'm going with this... this QB is basically an outcast from a team that said they really wanted him a year ago. They told him he wouldn't be starting but would be a significant part of the offense. That never developed and now that they put the "3rd" stringer in ahead of him he wants out, and he'll be in Jax by the end of January. Now if my math is right that's 3 teams in 3 years. What are his numbers? Well, they aren't good... yet his cards are on par in price with the elite QBs in the league. I'm not a Tebow hater and I really hope Jax can make it work with him, but why does the market not fluctuate like it should? Right now his should be around Alex Smith value, not Brady/Manning/Rodgers...

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

I am going to guess since I have seen these happen in basketball.

Prices will skyrocket on EBAY probably as of right now. LOL!

Beckett will probably show value increases in their next issue or two issues down depending on when their market value cutoff time is for research.

Comment

That's pretty much what I was thinking.

They don't put prices on cards, they monitor the prices that cards sell at & report that in a "high/low" system that people can easily reference.
      - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

If you subscribe to Beckett OPG, you could see increases/decreases before the print version is released.
        Supply/demand does determine price, but I think what drives/maintains Tebow's cards has nothing to do with that though. "Popularity". Tebow is a feel good story. You want to see him excel/succeed, even though you know he's just not that good. That's not meant to be derogatory. It's just a fact. For a lot of people, he's the perfect sports role model. He's not shy about or hides his faith. He doesn't unleash a tirade of obscenities on fans if they heckle him(Anthony Randolph/Denver Nuggets/Christmas Night game). He doesn't drink, smoke, use drugs and is proud of the fact that he will abstain from sex until he's married. If your kid needs a role model, and you're not capable of being it, then why not Tebow?

I think a lot of people expected Rex Ryan, Satan himself, to break Tebow down into just another typical thug athlete, but it didn't happen. Tebow has suffered much disappointment this season but has never lost his composure.

Comment

Working...
        X