S-Jax hints at retirement after 2012 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Jax hints at retirement after 2012 season

Steven Jackson hinted on Thursday that he might retire at the end of the 2012 season.
    "If I have to write my story," Jackson, 29, said, "I'd rather go out like Barry Sanders and leaving people to want more than to leave too late." When asked how many seasons are left for him, Jackson said laughing, "Maybe this last one. Those hits hurt." Jackson has a $7 million player option left on his contract for 2013 that he is fully expected to opt out of in order to seek a longer term deal on the open market. "I'll allow myself that time to sit back and reflect and think about things I've accomplished in my career and what I've done this season," he said. "And think about how much longer I want to play this game, as well." Jackson has rushed for 990 yards and four touchdowns on 246 carries this season. He's taken a beating over his career, totaling a whopping 2,784 touches over nine seasons.

Source: ESPN.com
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

I hope he doesn't he deserves a ring for putting up with some bad teams.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X