Ray Lewis says 'this will be my last ride'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Lewis says 'this will be my last ride'

Ray Lewis addressed his teammates Wednesday and said "this will be my last ride."
    "I've ran my course. It's time for me to go create a different legacy," Lewis said as the Ravens prepare to host the Colts in a Wild Card game Sunday. If he doesn't reconsider his retirement this offseason, Lewis will go down as arguably the greatest middle linebacker in the history of the NFL. During his 17 NFL seasons, he was a first-team All-Pro seven times, a 13-time Pro Bowler and a two-time AP Defensive Player of the Year. He was also the MVP of Super Bowl XXXV when the Ravens beat the Giants. Lewis, who turns 38 in May, is expected to return from his triceps tear to play Sunday.

Source: Ravens on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

This is going to be a sad day!
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Yup going to miss ol'Ray
      http://photobucket.com/trades_bucket
      Collecting Panthers and Lots more

Comment

Originally posted by bobjah View Post
        Yup going to miss ol'Ray
        Yes Sir, but I bet there is going to a lot of qb's and rb's celebrating!

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

I say good riddance! Never has there been a player more over-hyped than Ray Lewis. If trash talk won football games, he'd have 17 Super Bowl rings.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
            I say good riddance! Never has there been a player more over-hyped than Ray Lewis. If trash talk won football games, he'd have 17 Super Bowl rings.

He backed it up though with his play. Unlike Rex who keeps guaranteeing SB's and never making it.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
              He backed it up though with his play. Unlike Rex who keeps guaranteeing SB's and never making it.
              He has talent but I don't think he's heads above other linebackers like Urlacher, LT or even Mike Singletary. Ultimately, like in all other sports, you're judged by whether you won a Championship or not. He has. One. For someone that is supposed to be so dominant, you'd expect more out of him.

Let's not forget how he managed to weasel his way out of a murder charge by turning on his friends either. Football fans glorify Ray Lewis, yet have vilified OJ Simpson, who was found not guilty. I just don't get it

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
                He has talent but I don't think he's heads above other linebackers like Urlacher, LT or even Mike Singletary. Ultimately, like in all other sports, you're judged by whether you won a Championship or not. He has. One. For someone that is supposed to be so dominant, you'd expect more out of him.

Let's not forget how he managed to weasel his way out of a murder charge by turning on his friends either. Football fans glorify Ray Lewis, yet have vilified OJ Simpson, who was found not guilty. I just don't get it

I understand what you are saying but Urlacher has no rings. The DA didn't have any proof to charge him. Simpson everyone knows he did it. An overzelous and bigot of a detective screwed that one.

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
                  I understand what you are saying but Urlacher has no rings. The DA didn't have any proof to charge him. Simpson everyone knows he did it. An overzelous and bigot of a detective screwed that one.
                  Everyone knows Lewis did it too, a lack of evidence doesn't change fact, it only prevents prosecution. More than likely, OJ was guilty, but bad prosecution screwed that up. There's really no difference. But, at least OJ had his day in court.

Lewis only has one more ring than Urlacher. And his defense alone didn't get him that ring.

Comment

Ray Lewis has always been a player I liked, but never collected. I recently told my son about how he was injured and during the Wildcard game a couple weeks ago, I told him that he'd be retireing after this year.

Well, needless to say, my son is a BIG fan now!!.....lol. I'd like to get a few jersey cards (possibly an auto) for my son. Please check my bucket and let me know if you have anything available. I was able to dig out a few base cards/inserts for him, but i wanna get him a jersey card or two.

thx
                    Currently looking for:
                    Football: The Gronk!
                    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
                    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
                    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
                    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
                    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Working...
                    X