Report: RGIII has partially torn ACL and LCL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: RGIII has partially torn ACL and LCL

The Washington Post reports that Robert Griffin III's MRI revealed a partially torn ACL and LCL in his right knee.
    Griffin is traveling down to Florida to be examined by Dr. James Andrews on Tuesday to determine if the injuries are old or new. It's not clear whether surgery will be required or how long the quarterback will be sidelined if the injuries are determined to be new ones, but exploratory surgery to determine the severity is also said to be an option. RGIII is hoping to avoid reconstructive right knee surgery for the second time in his football career, but that remains to be seen. Griffin underwent the MRI after his knee bent awkwardly and buckled underneath him in the fourth quarter of Sunday's playoff loss to the Seahawks.

Source: Washington Post
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Is Shanahan fired yet?

Comment

Everything I have read its on both of them. RG3 for being hard headed and Shanahan for listening.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

It's football - unfortunately injuries happen. Had he come out, it would have been the Jay Cutler thing all over again....It is a no win situation for the coach or the player.
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

^^^Nail on the head!^^^

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Originally posted by tndcollectables View Post
            Everything I have read its on both of them. RG3 for being hard headed and Shanahan for listening.
            A head coach makes the decision regardless of what a player wants to do. Washington drafted RGIII knowing that he has a history of knee problems and something like this could happen. It obviously was a risk they thought worth taking.

Comment

Originally posted by jwgreen68 View Post
              A head coach makes the decision regardless of what a player wants to do. Washington drafted RGIII knowing that he has a history of knee problems and something like this could happen. It obviously was a risk they thought worth taking.
              Bingo, as the head coach, it's Shanahan's job to protect RG3, and all players from themselves, otherwise injuries happen...

I don't think people understand how serious this is if he tore his ACL, though. It'd be the knee that he had ACL surgery on already, and you can only tear that thing so many times...

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
                Bingo, as the head coach, it's Shanahan's job to protect RG3, and all players from themselves, otherwise injuries happen...

I don't think people understand how serious this is if he tore his ACL, though. It'd be the knee that he had ACL surgery on already, and you can only tear that thing so many times...
                Exactly! Sad to say, but RGIII's career could be over. While I agree that Shanahan bears most of the responsibility, Dr. Andrews allowed him to play. He didn't give him the OK but didn't stop him either. There was a lot of reckless action taken in a very young and gifted athletes' future.

Comment

I bet Snyder had some input as well. Right or wrong you have to remember this was a 4 win team last year and a franchise that hasn't won a playoff game in over a decade if not 2.

If the organization thought him playing was going to get them a win and shake the funk they seem to be constantly stuck in then that's what they were going to do. No sense playing the blame game, in Washington it's a giant turd sandwich and they're all going to have to take a bite.

Comment

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Robert Griffin III will undergo a full knee reconstruction after Dr. James Andrews diagnosed Griffin with "complete" tears of both his right ACL and LCL.
                    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

I would say that his career is over then. At the very least, I don't see him playing next season.

Comment

I wonder if they wi;ll contact AP and find out what he did during his rehab?

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Not a Skins fan but gotta feel bad for RGIII. Hope he rehabs well and comes back fully healthy.
                          Collecting Dwyane Wade Rookies

My eBay Auctions

Comment

What is it with Washington DC and young stars with injuries?? I'm an Eagles fan, but I hope he ends up more like Strasburg than Wall.
                            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Originally posted by B.I.G.Poppa View Post
                              What is it with Washington DC and young stars with injuries?? I'm an Eagles fan, but I hope he ends up more like Strasburg than Wall.
                              Wall stinks when he's healthy though...

Comment

Working...
                              X