Alex Smith expected to request his release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Smith expected to request his release

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio reported Sunday night that Alex Smith will likely ask the 49ers to release him after the Super Bowl in order to have "maximum" options on his next team.
    The 49ers don't have to oblige, of course. Smith has trade value, and the 49ers won't honor his request if it doesn't help their team. Getting back a draft pick would. If the Niners were to grant Smith's release before March 14, they'd owe him only a $1 million roster bonus for 2013. If traded, San Francisco would be off the hook for all of Smith's $8.5 million in salary and bonuses.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

I feel bad for Alex for what he's had to endure since he was drafted, but he's really going to not get what he wants here either.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

K.C. Chiefs?

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
      LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

I was thinking the Chiefs also.

Comment

Cards should grab him.
          http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
          X