Jaguars GM: 'We need to build around' Gabbert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaguars GM: 'We need to build around' Gabbert

Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell recently told the Florida Times Union that he plans to "build around" Blaine Gabbert as Jacksonville's 2013 starter.
    Caldwell noted that Gabbert, 23, is "the second-youngest quarterback in the NFL," and he anticipates a third-year leap. (Caldwell is more optimistic than we are.) "What were they saying about other quarterbacks after their second year?" Caldwell asked rhetorically. "We’re looking for improvement (in year three). We need to build around him. We’ll upgrade whenever we can upgrade." Added new coach Gus Bradley, "(Gabbert) has been very impressive so far in our conversations."

Source: Florida Times Union
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

...but he stinks, lol

Comment

My response:" No you don't."
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Yeah, I feel sorry for Jags fans if that's the future...and I'm a Texans fan!
        Have a collectible day! Looking for Texans, Oilers(Not Titans), DeAndre Hopkins, USFL Gamblers, and Nolan Ryan cards.

sigpic

Comment

It is what it is. One, there are no good QB's in the draft, two our line sucks, three this will be the third offense in three years Gabbert will be "learning", four his big WR held out at camp last year. As a Jags fan my bar isn't that high for Gabbert as he hasn't shown all that much, but I still have a smidge of hope that all the factors of 2 through 4 really have hindered his progress.
          my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Working...
          X