Report: Patriots, Welker closing in on pact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: Patriots, Welker closing in on pact

A source tells CSN New England that the Patriots are closing in on a multi-year contract with free agent Wes Welker.
    The source says the "two sides have come to the understanding that they are far better with one another than without." It's a logical resolution considering the state of the Patriots' receiving corps, Tom Brady's dependence on Welker and the slot machine's questionable fit outside of New England's scheme. Although no national outlets are confirming the report yet, we wouldn't be surprised to see a three-year deal announced prior to next week's free-agency window. It would have been extremely difficult for the Pats to replace Welker's average of 112.0 catches per season over the last six years.

Source: CSN New England
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

According to both the Boston Herald and ESPN's Adam Schefter, Wes Welker has no plans to re-sign with the Patriots before testing the market next week.
    A Tuesday report from CSN New England stated that the two sides were "closing in" on a deal. That may have been premature. Although Welker wants to finish his career in New England and the Patriots want him back, we're less than three days from the negotiating window for free agents. The Herald says not to be surprised if Welker is fielding offers this weekend. Still, the scheme-dependent 31-year-old could very well find a softer market than expected and end up settling for a team-friendly deal with the Pats. Beat writer Mike Reiss would consider it a "surprise" if Welker does not end up with a long-term deal from New England.

Source: Jeff Howe on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

He will stay with the Pats. Him and Brady have a perfect combo going on.
      http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

He is still worth the money. They got a bargain with him for a few years and can afford to overpay him a little bit. (I guess that is why I am not a GM, I would let my heart and loyalty get in the way.)
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

I think he's on the downslide....but I guess it depends on how long Brady still wants to play.

Comment

Welker is a Pat for life, no surprise here.
            "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

Working...
            X