A.J. Hawk takes $7M-plus pay cut to stay with Packers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.J. Hawk takes $7M-plus pay cut to stay with Packers

A.J. Hawk really wanted to stay in Green Bay.

The 29-year-old inside linebacker took a massive $7.25 million pay cut to stay with the team that drafted him, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

The restructuring means Hawk is to be paid $10.6 million over the last three years of his five-year deal compared to the original $17.85 million. His cap impact this season was reduced from $7.05 million to $5.2 million. The paper obtained details of the new contract Monday.

While Hawk finished second on the team with a career-high 120 tackles last year, he has not forced a turnover in the last two seasons. Hawk remains solid against the run but struggles in coverage and comes out on passing downs.

Hawk will have to beat out D.J. Smith, who is five years younger, to keep his starting job.

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

more players should do this

Comment

He was never as impactful as his rookie year.
      sigpic

I collect Packers and Brewers!

Comment

It was either pay cut or get cut. I guess he hasn't had to many head injuries because he was smart and took the pay cut.
        http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
        X