49ers land Nnamdi Asomugha with 1-year deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 49ers land Nnamdi Asomugha with 1-year deal

49ers agreed to terms with CB Nnamdi Asomugha, formerly of the Eagles, on a one-year contract.
    Asomugha chose the 49ers over the Saints and his former DC Rob Ryan. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the deal is worth "up to" $3 million, and includes a $1.35 million base salary. The rest is probably tied up in playing-time incentives. It includes no guaranteed money, per Asomugha's request. (He's getting $4 million guaranteed from the Eagles, anyway). CSN Bay Area reported last month that Asomugha wouldn't be guaranteed a starting job with the Niners, and would likely compete with Carlos Rogers. Rogers' $5.5 million salary may eventually necessitate his release, but for now Asomugha isn't locked into a starting role. If Asomugha is going to bounce-back, San Francisco is the place to do it, but it's possible his physical skills have eroded to the point he can no longer be even a serviceable player. Asomugha is going on age 32 and was burnt as regularly as any cornerback in football last season in Philadelphia.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

This could be really good for them, I think he got lazy with the Eagles.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

makes me sad...the saints were talking to him and tracy porter and didnt get either one...our secondary sucks...thought we were gonna get some help
      BreesFan1977's Library | Photobucket

Comment

Working...
      X