RG3's jersey breaks NFL sales record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG3's jersey breaks NFL sales record

Fans can't get enough of Robert Griffin III, and here's proof: More of his No. 10 jerseys were sold in the NFL last fiscal year than any jersey in league history.

Darren Rovell's report on ESPN cited sales from NFLShop.com from April 2012 to March 2013. The NFL did not provide exact sales numbers.

In re-energizing the Redskins and making the franchise relevant again, RG3 outpaced Peyton Manning, whose No. 18 Broncos jersey sold the third-most in a single year. Rovell pointed to the NFL's new Nike apparel deal as a factor in boosting overall sales.

According to Rovell, Brett Favre's Vikings (2009) and Jets jerseys (2008) are the second and fourth best-sellers in a single season.

Ray Lewis, Colin Kaepernick and Tom Brady rounded out the top five last year, followed by Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Victor Cruz, Eli Manning and Patrick Willis.

MVP Adrian Peterson's jersey ranked just 23rd.

The 49ers lost the Super Bowl to Baltimore, but edged the Ravens in the race for most team merchandise sales.

By Larry Hartstein | CBSSports.com
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Not surprising. RG3 >>>>

Comment

RGIII is kinda a beast, I wouldn't mind buying a jersey.
      "The good kid from the mad city, holding a cereal box instead of a glock"

Bucket (Not Updated)|Set Needs

Comment

I would rep his Reebok Jersey... do they make one? But then again I would have to shoot myself if I ever wore ANYTHING Redskins related..

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
        LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Working...
        X