Packers' Al Harris officially retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packers' Al Harris officially retires

Cornerback Al Harris, who spent seven of his 14 NFL seasons in Green Bay, will sign a one-day contract and officially retire as a Green Bay Packer, the team announced. During his 14-year career, Harris also spent time in Philadelphia (1998-2002), Miami (2010) and St. Louis (2011).

The two-time Pro Bowler joined the Packers in March 2003 after the Eagles traded Harris and a fourth-round draft pick to Green Bay for a second-round pick. The trade worked out well for the Packers. In seven seasons with the team, Harris started all 102 games he played, including his Pro Bowl seasons of 2007 and 2008. Harris' 28 passes defended in 2004 still stand as a franchise single-season record.

Arguably the biggest play of Harris' career came in overtime of a Wild Card playoff game against the Seahawks after the 2003 season. Seattle won the coin toss in overtime and that's when Seahawks quarterback Matt Hasselbeck famously exclaimed, "We want the ball and we're going to score."

Only the Seahawks didn't score. The Packers did, thanks to a 52-yard interception return for a touchdown by Harris.

The former sixth-round pick of the Buccaneers in 1997 played his final NFL game in November 2011.

Harris currently serves as an assistant defensive backs coach in Kansas City. The 38-year-old has ties with new Chiefs coach Andy Reid that date back to 1999 when Harris played for Reid in Philadelphia.

By John Breech | CBSSports.com
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

He may have played elsewhere but he will always be a Cheesehead first and foremost. Not to mention a awesome db as well.
    http://photobucket.com/tndcollectables

* US Army 1985-93 DAV *

My name is Tom, I use dc, padded envelope please do the same. I trade by bk value, not ebay sell value.

I COLLECT TOPPS BASEBALL, SOME VIKINGS AND ANYTHING NEEDED FOR MY STORE.

If I have never traded with you I will ask if you ship first.

I ship on Friday and Saturday.

Stained glass on the left we make.

www.tndcollectables.com

Comment

Working...
    X