Brian Urlacher announces his retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Urlacher announces his retirement

Free agent MLB Brian Urlacher has retired from the NFL after 13 seasons.
    Urlacher, 35 in three days, spent his entire career with the Bears. "Although I could continue playing, I'm not sure I would bring a level of performance or passion that's up to my standards," Urlacher wrote in a statement. "When considering this, along with the fact that I could retire after a 13-year career wearing only one jersey for such a storied franchise, my decision became pretty clear." It's hard to see Urlacher forced out of the game like this, but no team was willing to sign him after his skills declined sharply last season. An injury to a middle linebacker around the league could give Urlacher an opportunity, and he could change his mind. But at this moment, he finishes his career with 1,229 tackles, 41.5 sacks, 22 interceptions, 12 forced fumbles, and eight Pro Bowl selections. He's a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame.

Source: Brian Urlacher on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

He finished before he embarrassed himself on the field with a team he may not truly enjoy playing for. Good for him. I wish more guys would do this... although I may be speaking too soon, he may could come back and play again.

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Working...
    X