Niners hire Mangini as offensive consultant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niners hire Mangini as offensive consultant

49ers hired former ESPN analyst Eric Mangini as a senior offensive consultant.
    It's a loss for football fans who value strong TV analysis during the week. Mangini was hard to love as a head coach for the Jets (2006-2008) and Browns (2009-2010) due to the borderline-paranoid way he handled his teams and all things associated with them, but in just a couple of years had become one of the better NFL analysts around. Still only 42, Mangini may well resurface as a defensive coordinator or head coaching candidate as soon as 2014 or 2015. His primary background has been defense, although Mangini was an offensive assistant in Baltimore under Ozzie Newsome in 1996. He'll work on Colin Kaepernick, Frank Gore, Anquan Boldin, and Vernon Davis' side of the ball in San Francisco.

Source: Chris Mortensen on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

I remember when Coach Mangini was here in Cleveland as the Head Coach of the Browns. I agree with you, he seemed like he was unsure of everything. Of course it didn't help that the team he coached was the Browns! Sorry Browns fans! When he became a analyst for ESPN I was blown away. Where did this Mangini come from!
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
    X