Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim Tebow - Yes or No?

So, just curious what people think...

1) Will Tebow make it onto a card in the Patriots uniform?
    2) Will he have an Autographed card in the Patriots uniform?
    3) Should I collect anything of him in the Patriots uniform? This is an easy one!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Don't know the answer to the first 2 questions but I'm sure the third is a "yes"!

It's going to be interesting to see if they can fit him into the offense somewhere or how. Ive wondered if he's capable of being an extra receiver or tight end? I cant see the Patriots adding an option play just for him. The problem with using him in that role is he's not going to fool the defense. It's a given that he's going to run the ball cause he's a horrible passer.

Comment

My answer would be a resounding YES to all your questions. If he flourishes in the Patriot way, I'm sure they'll be more high end type cards available in all things Tebow. 1/1, Printing Plates, and Superfractors. And if my memory serves me right, he will be wearing the #5 jersey. This might lead to speculation of his past cards with #15 to gain in value.

If this turns out to be another fiasco like the NY Jets, then it will all become worthless at best. I doubt Coach Belichik would allow that to happen. He will just cut him if things head south like Moss, Haynesworth, and most recently Chad Ochocinco Johnson! So far, only Randy Moss has had the opportunity to continue in the NFL. As for Albert Haynesworth? At the very least, he was able to negotiate a substantial amount of money for him to; as the old saying goes "Laugh all the way to the bank! And for Chad Johnson? He follows in the same footsteps as one of his peers, Titus Young.

Lets hope Tim Tebow learns a greast deal from one of the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game; "Tom Brady" and also learns from one of the greatest coaches to ever coach a team; "Bill Belichik"!
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

here's the answer to number 1:

Beckett News » Panini prepares Tim Tebow’s first Patriots card
        I'm sure he'll have an auto b/c he's a big money maker for the companies I'm sure. I'm personally not a fan & I'm thankful he's on the Pats instead of the Cowboys. I can just imagine the followers uproar after our first loss with as polarizing as Romo is.
        -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
        http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
        http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

^^^AGREED!^^^

I think the answer to your question is A) yes B) yes C) yes

I can't wait for his first card printed with him listed as TE to drop.. 2013 National Treasures?

Oh, and did you see the comments on the Beckett article? Tough guys talking smack on the computer about Tim Tebow... SHEESH!!

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
          LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

I am not a fan of Tebow's QB skills, but it sure seems like he has some real intangibles for a team. I guess we shall see how it goes. And I don't forsee any QB controversy in New England either.

Let's see where this leads us. It just gives me another player to add to my team collection.

Can't wait for the new rooks to get their first Patriot cards as well.

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
            MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
            NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
            NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
            I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

It takes a day to gather my thoughts, but here goes! He was able to lead the Broncos from 0 to a one point to win a game in 2011. The fourth quarter at every game was determined at the very last seconds of the game during his 2011 debut! Many times it depended on last minute heroics for Tebow to win a game. I think the overtime winning game against the Steelers is a memorable one good or bad!

He not only believed in his own inner strength and God, but the rest of the team believed he could win a game, even if it depended on the kicker. Many historical franchises have depended on the kicker and there's nothing wrong with that. Look at The Patriot dynasty! If it was not for Vinatieri, the Patriots would not be a dynasty today. Another great team in the early part of the Superboewl era, Oakland Raiders! Yes, they have issues currently. But you can't deny Sebastion Janakawski's skill from 50+ yards to win a game! It truly was what our society teaches or the lack of; "Leaders"!

In Japan during the ancient feudal wars, a class of men rose to prominence, they were called the Samurai. Many societies thinks that it means warrior! It is not so. Samurai means; "One whom serves"! My dad always said; "To be a great leader, you must learn to follow first"! I think Tebow is capable of leading men! Is he a great QB? We have to wait and see.

Toshi
              I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

I wanted to add that many people have harshly criticized Tebow's skills and rightly so! When the Broncos went against the Patriots, they were destroyed! This is due to the highly skilled and intelligence of the players and Coach. If Tebow is to become a Superbowl champion, he must work on his skill as a quarterback.

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                  So, just curious what people think...

1) Will Tebow make it onto a card in the Patriots uniform?
                  2) Will he have an Autographed card in the Patriots uniform?
                  3) Should I collect anything of him in the Patriots uniform? This is an easy one!
                  1. yes
                  2. yes
                  3. Might as well add one to your Patriot PC
                  U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                  http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                  Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                  Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

Cool, so Panini already has one in the works. That one will have to go into my collection no matter what.

Comment

Or I could go buy this one right now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIM-TEBOW-20...item3382f09ec5

Comment

Probably just wait it out..
                        U.S. NAVY VET ~ I ONLY MAIL ON FRIDAYS
                        http://www.facebook.com/#!/JoseOzzieCanseco
                        Click Banner for Trade List and Bucket Link

Jose Canseco total 968/2,658 = 36.4% 53 g/u 15autos
                        Ozzie canseco total 41/42 =98% 1g/u 4 autos

Comment

he has limited ability at qb...no doubt about it...but have said before he is a winner...just ask dem squeelers in the playoffs....I know the defense did the most...but he did play a vital role...his presence on the field and on the sidelines makes a difference....I think he could transform to a tight end....and would love to watch him flourish!!! just my .02
                          BreesFan1977's Library | Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
                            Or I could go buy this one right now...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TIM-TEBOW-20...item3382f09ec5
                            Genius. Looks like only 10 were made.. better hurry!! lol

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
                            LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

Working...
                            X