Redemption Question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption Question!!

So I just got off of the phone with Panini about 2 redemptions that they owe me; 2012 Panini Certified Mirror Gold Signatures /25 Tim Tebow that I submitted on March 3, 2012 and a 2012 Panini Select (12-13)Select Stars Jersey Autographs /299 David Lee. They asked me if I wanted a replacement for the cards and, as bad as I want a Tebow auto, it has been 5 months without success, so I told them to replace both cards. I figure the Lee will surface online with as many as there are out there. The Tebow is a much bigger disappointment as he is one of my wife's favorites and I was getting that for her. Ok, so here's the question: the representative said that they check current Beckett values and replace it with equal or greater value but how do they judge on cards that aren't booked. I figure the Tebow is probably in there being /25 but if not, how do they judge? She did ask who my favorite team is so we will see but what if they send a card that you are not happy with? The process seems to be a huge headache at best but had the cards shown up I would have been happy. BTW, does anyone have the book value on the Tebow? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Gary

Sorry to hear it. As a Tebow fan myself I gotta say that woulda been a sweet pick up, but I understand why you just wanted to move on and get something.
    I'm in a similar situation on a redemption I got from Upper Deck Spx over a year ago.
    Have a few others I've been waiting on from Bowman for a few months.
    I might have to call soon to get some answers cause it's just getting ridiculous. It's bad enough the disappointment you feel when you only have a certain number of hits per box and one of them is a redemption. But then it takes forever to actually get the card in hand.
    I feel your frustration.
    Hopefully they will do a good job of making up for it.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/victornegron/albums

Comment

Yeah, I was almost tempted to just wait it out, but its almost at 6 months now and I need something to show for my money. I have had a couple of redemptions with Topps and they came through just fine, including a Doug Martin Rc Auto, but this is ridiculous. How can you sell a card of a player and then 8-9 months later still not have that card in the company's possession? Honestly, it's not like Tebow had a full football slate since the end of last season. You can't send a rep to meet him at an airport or something to satisfy the situation? I just don't want to wait a year to only have Panini inform me that the card will not be available and they can replace it then. I have seen boxes opened that have had two redemption cards in them and, to me, it's not fair to have to have the joy of opening a box ruined by having to wait 6 months to actually have the cards. They need to get the situation under control before they have a new release called "Panini Redemption Royalty--each pack guaranteed to have 3 redemption cards to show you what you would have received had we ACTUALLY had those cards available!! Look for it in hobby stores this fall!!" What a joke......

Comment

The Tebow books at 80.

Most of the time you have to put the redemption delays on the players. Most are really good at signing but you have guys that take forever to sign. 6 months isn't really a long especially for big name players. Julio Jones hasn't signed a majority of his cards & probably never will but does private signings a few times a year. From what I have seen, they get paid a certain amount for a specific number of autos(e.g. 10k for 1k autos). Part of the issue is on the card companies for pumping products out so fast, however, players need to take a lot of blame as well. Hell, they've just been off for 7 months. If they didn't sign in the offseason, what are the chances they'll sign during the season? Julio hasn't signed b/c he blew up rookie year & wanted an increase in money to sign after his initial allotment was filled.

In regards to replacements, I have never been disappointed by what Panini has sent me. I have 5 right now I'm in the process of getting replaced. I've only had one UD replacement & they did me fairly well but Topps has screwed me royally every time but one(which is why I only by singles of their product on the secondary market now, I refuse to give them my money anymore). Panini has even let me combine 4 or 5 10 dollar cards for a 50 dollar card of someone I collect. I had a Tom Brady auto /10 I finally had replaced after over a year b/c he never signed and from what I've heard around, he only signs once every couple years(Aaron Rodgers too). They had me give them a list of players I collect & sent me 2 low numbered autos /5 & /10 for it & overall I was very pleased.
        -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
        http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
        http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Well that's definitely better news to hear that Panini usually does well with replacements and $80 is a nice number. Thanks for the info as well. You would think though, that if you know a player isn't a consistent signer, you may put them in sets a little less often. I understand you have to have the big names to push your products, but maybe have them in 2 of the 10 subsets you produce instead of all 10. I couldn't see pulling a redemption for an auto booklet with 6 autos and two of them are Julio and Aaron or in my case Tebow and Aaron and not ever seeing that card do to lack of autographs. It is a little sketchy to say the least. I understand it has to be frustrating for the card companies as well, but you would think that there is a better way to get this done. I don't know, I am probably speaking as much out of frustration as anything....just glad it wasn't RGIII or Alfred Morris related, then I wouldn't have been so patient!! LOL

Comment

Working...
          X