Texans sign Cushing to 6-year, $55M extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texans sign Cushing to 6-year, $55M extension

Texans signed ILB Brian Cushing to a six-year, $55.643 million extension.
    The deal locks Cushing up through 2019, and includes $21 million guaranteed. A four-year veteran, he had been going into the final year of his rookie contract. It's a vote of confidence in Cushing's return from his torn ACL, and indicative of just how important he is to Wade Phillips' 3-4 scheme. Houston's defense all-too-often appeared soft after Cushing went down last season. Cushing has a major injury and 2010 PED suspension on his résumé, but it was the right move at the right time for the Texans. It's still a hefty chunk of change. Cushing is getting nearly $5 million more guaranteed than Sean Lee did last month.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

It was well deserved! One of my sleeper teams to make it to post season is Houston Texans & Arizona Cardinals!
    Last edited by hayn; 09-06-2013, 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling error
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Texans' cost for Cushing extension could be as low as 1 year, $12.2M

Texans' cost for Cushing extension could be as low as 1 year, $12.2M - CBSSports.com
      Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

The Texans are one of those underrated teams in the NFL. When you mention Matt Shaub, people shrug their shoulders on move on. Luckily with team mates like J.J. "Swatt" as an example of the many other play makers on the team, they have a good chance on moving into the post season.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
        X