"MNF" Eagles at Redskins and Texans at Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "MNF" Eagles at Redskins and Texans at Chargers

Monday Night Football Countdown! Mrs. Toshi and I love watching NFL games. What we love even more is ESPN's "C'mon Man"! It's been almost a year since I heard that phrase. This year, I've been so excited. I finally got the NFL Network, which I have on 24/7. The other exciting thing this year is my new found hobby of football card collecting! I'm waiting for the release of 2013 Topps Chrome! I need to stop here in regards to football cards, I'm so passionate like every forum member about card collecting, I could go on and on!

This coming Monday we all will get to stay up till 1:20am! And, I like to watch the post game press conference! I'll be in bed by 3:00am. I'll let the new members know that I have never watched any sport until 2009 and I started my collection in 12/12. So I can only comment from these specific time lines. When I saw the Eagles for the first time, a Quarterback named Donovan McNabb was the leader. At that time, he was mentoring another Quarterback named Michael Vick. I recall Vick only playing in the "Wild Cat" formation! The plays were just ok. The following season, Kevin Kolb was the QB starter and Vick was the backup. Within the first quarter, Kolb suffered a concussion and Vick came in to play. A concussion is very serious, I can tell all forum members by experience. I suffered a concussion in 2010. I was in a coma for two days, had no idea where I was, and I did not remember anything for three years. I now can remember bits and pieces, but I have no idea what I did yesterday! Card collecting has helped with my memory. So I am a staunch supporter of the NFL's stance on concussion's. Anyway, when Vick came in, I saw for the first time a QB that not only passed incredibly well, but ran all around the field so fast that there was no one, save for a few players that could keep up with Vick. So spread option plays are not new in the NFL. With that said, I became a Vick fan. I know the last two years have been disastrous for the Eagles. I'm hoping for the best for the Eagles. They will be up against another QB like Vick, RGIII! I will not need to go into a comment about the Washington Redskins. We all know how well they play. My opinion in this game is; "I have both teams at a 50/50 chance of winning"! But as I continue to contemplate this game? I'm leaning towards the Redskins. FORUM MEMBERS! What do you think? Do you have a new and revived Michael Vick leading a exemplary Eagles? With RGIII trailing behind due to his surgery not allowing him to participate in pre-season games? Or do you see the same old flawed Eagles defeated by a future Superbowl champion MVP RGIII leading his Redskins to a undefeated season?

Right after the Eagles, Redskins game, the Houston Texans at San Diego Chargers kickoff at 10:20pm to 1:20am. The Texans are one of the most underrated and overlooked teams in the NFL! Just my humble opinion, I feel that the Houston Texans will be the 2013 sleeper team. Brett has the Arizona Cardinals as his sleeper team. The Texans defense will be the key component in winning games for the Texans. Of course we all know of the talents of J.J. Watt (Swatt). Need I say more? I've seen several excerpts of Charger games of the past especially with Drew Brees and LaDanian Tomlinson. WOW! WOW! And WOW! Over the past several years, the chargers would show signs of greatness and fall prior to post season when it counts. The Texans follow this trend as well. If the Texans and the Chargers wish to get to post season then into the promised land? They will need to be consistent and especially strong in November. I have the Texans as the winners of this early morning game! How many forum members will be up at 1:20am? Let me know! Also, I'd like forum members opinion on which team will be 1-0 and which team will be 0-1?
    Last edited by hayn; 09-06-2013, 01:28 PM.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi
Working...
X