Sports Card Album and other forums?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Card Album and other forums?

I visited this site with an open mind. My first attempt was to input my cards with information regarding the year, make, type, player name, and any other pertinent information on the card. Although I use I, my, and me, it's with the assistance of Mrs. Toshi and my son and daughter that helped me get these projects completed. Although I'm still at the 50% completion mark, the "Toshi's Album" looks really nice. I can't get this same set up with Photo Bucket, and Beckett online cost a monthly fee, this is free. I still plan on getting Beckett on line once my health returns as well as my funds. This is one reason I have not traded in sometime. My trips to the post office would tax my strength. I do have little packets here and there for some members that will be mailed out soon.

For displaying my collection, this project has done it's job right and delivered. Now here comes the big statement! How does other sites stand up to CCW? Mrs. Toshi and I visited other sites while I was in convalescence, we came across bad language, badgering of other members, complaints of other members, and the biggest question and statement of all. How and why would you trade in such a situation? Some sites have vague rules in regards to trading and some sites do mirror rules set up here at CCW. Again, this was done as an honest experiment to see how other sites stand up to CCW. On those sites that looked really great, I'm sure collectors with a huge "For Trade" bucket can do well and restock their trade bucket or hunt down there missing card. I realize this option is important to expand on collecting needs. Everyone has unique personal collections that mirror themselves. That's what makes this world go round and round. And that's what makes our hobby so fun!

For me? I would be overwhelmed with more than one forum. Although it is nice to see and or read to just visit other forums to hear different views, I'm happily content with CCW and browsing eBay. My biggest problem, and in my case it's a very big problem, is the lack of cards in my collection. What cards that can be used in trades are so nice that I can't part with them. And what cards that I can part with, no one wants to trade for these cards. LOL! But that's fine for me! I keep reminding myself that my collection is only nine months old.

In my final thesis of this experiment, my conclusion is what CCW members have thought me time and time again; "Do what you like, it's your collection". There are really no bad sites or good sites. And for Mrs. Toshi and I? Well, as you read this thread, you're all well aware of our feelings. CCW is my second family!
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

I do trade on a couple of other sites. One site in particular was the first site I started on. I have over 1000 trades on that site, but I think it got too big and the community feel really diminished. I do still do some trading on there, but not as much. I do more buying on the other two sites. This is my favorite site, although it has less traffic than many other sites. I think the people on here are the best, and the management here is awesome. That is about my two cents on the subject.

Always good to see you around the forums my friend. Hope to see more of you around in the future. I have something my son and I put together for you to send off. Hopefully this week!

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
    Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
    Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
    MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
    NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
    NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
    NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
    I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
      I do trade on a couple of other sites. One site in particular was the first site I started on. I have over 1000 trades on that site, but I think it got too big and the community feel really diminished. I do still do some trading on there, but not as much. I do more buying on the other two sites. This is my favorite site, although it has less traffic than many other sites. I think the people on here are the best, and the management here is awesome. That is about my two cents on the subject.

Always good to see you around the forums my friend. Hope to see more of you around in the future. I have something my son and I put together for you to send off. Hopefully this week!
      Yes, I agree with your "Two Cents" in that the traffic on CCW is not as large as many of the other forums, this does create a limited issue of how much trading can be done. Everyone's collection is unique in that some collectors have to go to other sites to do a larger and or a much more of a aggressive type of trading.

As you mentioned via your own personal experience, the bigger the community, the harder it is to dissect with whom to trade with. I've noticed on other sites that many traders just want a trade and want nothing else to do with you. There's nothing wrong with that! It's simple and to the point. On CCW, I feel that I am part of an actual community that I can trade with but also share my thoughts and ask questions as well. It's also comforting to know that CCW is affiliated with CBC. This gives CCW members credibility and absolute trust. These two standards are some of the most important facts when trading.

Thank you Schwood for sending me cards. And please tell your son I said thank you. When I'm feeling good enough to go to the post office, I not only have a packet for you, but for your son as well!
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
      X