Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP's son and the PERSPECTIVE!

To my fellow forum members of CCW,

Just a short time ago, exactly five months to be sure, I became a part of a community that I realized was available to the masses. With so many forums and or blogs to join, the choices available were endless. I'm glad that I became a member of CCW. I still recall my large and obvious yellow "Rookie" badge that I proudly owned. I've never played sports in my life, so to be a "Rookie" of a related sports card forum, was for me, an astounding monumental achievement. I was finally a free agent!

With minimal knowledge and having absolutely no clue whatsoever in regards to football cards, I jumped into CCW whole heartedly with complete trust in my fellow members to guide and assist me in this wonderful world of football card collecting. In this regard, everyone, and I mean everyone, became my second family. This may seem odd to most, but after my accident, I have come to appreciate every aspect of life. From Mrs. Toshi scolding me to my resolute responsibility in cleaning out the cat litter box as well as caring for our cats, these simple tasks were done with a clear mind and an appreciation and perspective that I have never seen nor felt prior to my accident.

What life I had been given as a second chance is rare at best. A blessing if you will. Mind you, I did not feel this way for many years. I will share a personal feeling that I've never shared except to Mrs. Toshi. I have even contemplated in ending my life as I felt that my family would have been better off with my insurance policy then caring for me. This sad and destitute point in my life was the coming of age for my psyche. Sure, my family would have moved on eventually and the funds would have helped.

My dilemma was, who would walk my daughter down the aisle on her wedding day? Who would grow old with Mrs. Toshi? Who would help my son who will be a father next month which will make me grandpa Toshi, show my son how to do the basic feeding, burping, and the ever so fun diaper changes? I also thought of the fact if this whole scenario was flipped 180. What if my children were in my situation. Could I have excepted the fact that they decided life was not worth living for? I can't answer that nor do I want to. What I do know is that I'm glad I have what I have and I will fight to keep what I have. And if it comes to a choice of myself or my family, you can bet that I will not think twice in protecting my family with my life.

My final perspective is this. After you read this thread, go to each of your family members and tell them how much you love them. Tell them how much life means to you with them. But most importantly, understand that each day is a gift. It's the present!

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Amen Mr. Toshi.
    Currently looking for:
    Football: The Gronk!
    Basketball: Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, & Michael Jordan, 90's refractors or #rd stuff, Damon Stoudamire, Penny, etc.
    Baseball: Paul Goldschmidt & Mike Trout
    + HOFer slab bed or raw.

Collecting University of Arizona current and Alum players!!!
    Go Cats!!!

Trade page:
    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/deannal_2008/

Comment

Originally posted by azdbacks1998 View Post
      Amen Mr. Toshi.
      Mr. azdbacks1998,

You hit it right on the nail. Amen, best describes everything!
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
      X