Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Topps Platinum: Rack Pack or Retail Box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topps Platinum: Rack Pack or Retail Box?

So I was in the mood to rip a little wax, and I wanted to get some Topps Platinum.
    I was curious if anyone has a recommendation between either the $10 rack pack you can get at Target that has 3 packs and 3 flame refractors, or the $20 box you can get. Any suggestions? I know someone here pulled a dual auto #'d /10 in a rack pack, but I don't have a feeling I'll be that lucky.

I pulled a redemption Auto/Patch Denard Robinson, a few on card rookie autos, and some nice parallels from Blaster boxes of Platinum. Did the Rack Packs too but didn't have as good of luck with them. I always liked the Orange (this year "FLAME" for some reason) refractors from the rack packs tho... I'd go with the box right now.

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

At least the Target Blaster Box promises a jersey card. If you can afford both? Go for it! If not? Stick with the Blaster from Target.

I purchased both, I don't expect much from these retail items. I got to have several parallels and that's it. My main purpose is to see how the product looks, the quality, if I would buy a hobby box, and or not to pursue this further.

Toshi
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

If I may add, I was surprised to see a hobby box of Prime Signatures at Walmart and RS Longevity at Target. Of course I purchad both and was very pleased with my purchases. If I see anymore available, my wife and I have made it a point to pick up more.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Hey guys I am new here, I am also on Blowoutcards as well. I seen the post, I have not had a chance to pick up any blaster's from target plan to look this weekend. But I have had some good pulls from wal-mart's retail platinum packs.

Just got this last night in 1 with a eddie lacey x-fractor, it seems to be the rookie's are on cards, vets on sticker and duals on stickers

Last edited by ejiminee; 11-02-2013, 06:38 AM.
          http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Nice dual auto! Congradulations.

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
              Nice dual auto! Congradulations.
              Thanks, yea it was 1 of my better pulls off retail. I did get a marcus lattimore and ray graham both rookie on card auto's last week from it. For 20$ each box I havnt been disappointed yet.
              Last edited by tsands11; 10-29-2013, 09:39 PM.
              http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Wait, is there a difference between the Target Retail box and the Walmart Retail box?

Comment

Honestly idk buddy, I havnt been to target to grab any yet. But again the Wal-Mart sets have yet to disappoint me, as well as my kids they have a few nice low number auto's/jerseys/colored parallels that we have been scooping up for sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew825 View Post
                    Wait, is there a difference between the Target Retail box and the Walmart Retail box?
                    The differences are that Walmart and Target will have their own exclusive inserts. The boxes will notate that it is a Target/Walmart exclusive.

Comment

Got the Box

Well, I finally got the chance to slide on down to Walmart today.
                      I decided to go with the CCW's opinion on this one, and splurge for the Topps Platinum Box.
                      Now, before I get to the results, let me preface you with how my day went down.

The weather today managed to rain every time I got out of my car. So I knew we were off to a great start.
                      Then, as I go into Walmart, I see they are sold out of Platinum.
                      No problem, I'll just go to the Super Walmart(or whatever they call it).
                      NOPE. Still sold out.
                      So, after driving around town, I finally found a box of Platinum at Target(with the Rookie Relic).

I get home, open this bad boy, and I see the rookie relic.
                      I can only make out the Buffalo Bills logo, and I'm thinking "Is that EJ Manuel?!?!?!?"
                      NOPE. Robert Woods(Which really isn't that bad, but I was hoping for EJ Manuel)

Then I start having a laugh. I can't stop pulling repeats of bases (Duplicate bases of 4 PLAYERS)

I save the 2 packs with Geno Smith/EJ Manuel on the cover for last.

And then I pull the EJ Manuel Frost Refractor #72/99. YES!

Anyway, enough story, here are my results:

Comment

EJ Manuel Frost Refractor #72/99 (NOT FOR TRADE!!!!)
                        Robert Woods RC Relic
                        Marcus Lattimore #146 X-Fractor
                        Keenan Allen #144 X-Fractor
                        Roddy White #30 Blue Stripe
                        Conner Vernon RC
                        Stepfan Taylor RC
                        Tyler Eifert RC
                        Kenjon Barber RC

Brandon Pettigrew(x2)
                        DeAngelo Williams(x2)
                        Reggie Bush
                        Ryan Matthews(x2)
                        Wes Welker
                        Roddy White(x2)
                        Christian Ponder
                        Danny Amendola
                        DeMarcus Ware
                        Brian Orakpo(x2)
                        Dez Bryant
                        Trent Richardson
                        Rob Gronkowski
                        Jamaal Charles
                        Darren Sporles

Everything is FS/FT EXCEPT THE MANUEL!
                        Thanks again for the advice.

Comment

Nice dual. Could've done worse.
                          Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by tsands11 View Post
                            Hey guys I am new here, I am also on Blowoutcards as well. I seen the post, I have not had a chance to pick up any blaster's from target plan to look this weekend. But I have had some good pulls from wal-mart's retail platinum packs.

Just got this last night in 1 with a eddie lacey x-fractor, it seems to be the rookie's are on cards, vets on sticker and duals on stickers

Nice pull on the dual!

I re-sized your pic so it would fit into the thread. Hope you don't mind.
                            - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Congratulations,

I do charge a football card fee on all my consultations for new rookies! You can pay me in either 2012 Panini Black or 2012 Panini Momentum! Your choice!

LOL,
                              Toshi

Comment

Working...
                              X