Elite Quarterbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Quarterbacks

I am tired of hearing that this person is Elite or that, that person is Elite! The funniest Elite QB was Eli being asked if he considered himself as Elite. And after some hesitation, he replied he was.

You see my fellow members, you don't need to be asked if you are Elite, you definitely need not claim you are Elite. You don't see Peyton Manning nor Tom Brady making proclamations that they are Elite. Here is a simple and benign example, in my home, I may act like I'm the man of the house. But in reality, it's Mrs. Toshi that holds everyone accountable. I've never said; "I'm the man, so I'm the man of the house". What I've done was to learn what needs to be done before Mrs. Toshi comes home. When she's home all is well. Why? Because there's something I've done in my personal and proffesional career called "Attention to Detail" which leads to a peaceful home. Why? There's nothing to do except relax and win the day over. On goes the NFL Network and I open my corrugated double row card boxes to ogle over my most recent valuables.

Last night my fellow members, we've seen truly what our generation knows, that we witnessed two of the greatest football quarterbacks to ever play the game. Not only are they the greatest ever, but are true leaders in their own right. These two humble men need not proclaim they are the best nor that they are Elite. Elite is not a word that is needed to say it outloud. You'll know if they are or not. No proclamations are needed!

Now, as far as past legends, there's Unitas, Starr, Montana, Elway, Favre, and the many men whom had battled on the gridiron. But I'll focus on Brady and Manning as they are on a current active roster.

When this game started, Mrs. Toshi said she would want the Broncos to win. I told her that I feel that Brady will win this. So it's on, or was it? By the time we got to the first 10 minutes of first quarter, I told Mrs. Toshi; "Well you picked the right team". By overtime, it was not the right team that won, it was who played smart.

My simple thought; "Work smart, not hard". We all know of Mannings acumen, and we all know the tandem minds of Brady and Belichik. In the end it's a game of chess, make your move, and I'll counter that. Whom ever slips and looses their concentration, this will determine the outcome.

Both teams have two QB's that are not Elite, but living legends. It shows in their play, their adjustments, their composure, and last but not least being capable in following the game plan and executing the plays!

Besides this jibber jabber, to keep it simple, DAM that was an amazing and exciting game! We will not see a more exciting game like this for sometime.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Just wanted to point out that you can't spell Elite without Eli!

Ain't that right gladdy?!

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
    Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
    Johnson/Mears/
    Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post

He's horrible. Bottom 3rd QB.

Comment

It sure was cold at the game last night. But it sure was fun to stay the entire time and see the Pats come back and kick the crap out of the Broncos in the end! Boo yah!

And on the Eli subject, well, you can't spell this out without an E an L and an I either...

Our team isn't going to the playoffs this year

Collecting any Boston Sports (base,insert,GU,Auto) All Teams (Red Sox,Celtics,Patriots,Bruins)
        Also collect UNH Football/Hockey cards
        Also now collecting any cards including all dupes of all the following :
        MLB : Brian Wilson (Giants, Dodgers), Chris Carpenter (Blue Jays, Cardinals), Sam Fuld (Rays), Mike Flanagan (Orioles, Blue Jays), Phil Plantier (Padres, Red Sox), Jeff Locke (Pirates)
        NFL : Kendall Reyes (Chargers), Greg Landry (Lions), David Ball (Bears), Jerry Azumah (Bears), Dwayne Sabb (Patriots), Dan Kreider (Steelers), Ricky Santos (no pro cards)
        NBA : Matt Bonner (Spurs)
        NHL : Steve Leach, James VanRiemsDyk, Jason Krog, Eric Boguniecki, Andy Brickley, Ty Conklin, Kevin Dean, Rod Langway, Bryan Muir, Daniel Winnik
        I unfortunately can no longer afford to trade outside the US. Even rates to Canada are way too high now!

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post

I've heard that phrase in the past, but by utilizing that phrase in this thread, it is a perfect and quick comeback. I love it. Thank you jasb4808 for reading my threads and replying.

Toshi
          I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Originally posted by gladdyontherise View Post
            He's horrible. Bottom 3rd QB.
            Wow, I did not realize this fact. Thank you gladdyontherise for reading and replying on my thread!

Toshi

Comment

Originally posted by schwood View Post
              It sure was cold at the game last night. But it sure was fun to stay the entire time and see the Pats come back and kick the crap out of the Broncos in the end! Boo yah!

And on the Eli subject, well, you can't spell this out without an E an L and an I either...

Our team isn't going to the playoffs this year

That is so cool, you actually got to see two legendary future Hall of Fame quarterbacks. I seriously felt that during the first quarter that the Broncos would win. Then to have the Patriots make a comeback and win the game outright was amazing.

The whole Eli/Elite subject is fun! I love it when forum members share their perspective on subjects as such.

I must defer from you, I think that the Patriots will still be in the playoffs. Brady and Belichik will follow through with their very aggressive game planning.

In my humble opinion, traditionally there are a small group of NFL teams that are always in the playoffs and within reach of the Super Bowl. They are as follows; Patriots, Steelers, Packers, and Saints. Non traditionally, for 2013 I think I can add; 49ers, Seahawks, Colts, Broncos, Chiefs, and Bengals.

Thank you Schwood for reading my threads and replying!

Toshi

Comment

Working...
              X