No announcement yet.

I know most people don't care, but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know most people don't care, but....

With Louisville win, UCF clinches program-first BCS bowl bid - CBSSports.com

UCF is BCS bowl bound for the first time ever. Predictions have them playing Auburn.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

That's pretty good. I like seeing new teams in the bigger bowls. My boss's son transers in at UCF either this spring or summer
    -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
    http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
    http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Actually I care. I was thinking about messaging you last night while I was hoping Louisville pulled out that game against Cincy. The thing is, I cant stand the ranking system. UCF is 10-1, Louisville is 11-1. UCF only lost to ranked S Carolina by 3 points, Louisville lost to UCF by 3 points. S Carolina is currently ranked 8th in the country and UCF at 15th with Louisville 19th. What gets me is when you look at teams like A&M, which has 4 losses, and they are still in the top 25. I get the 'power house' conference thing but most power house teams refuse to play these lower conference teams that pose a threat. Ask Boise State how that works; no one wanted to play them and then when they had to in bowl games, Boise St won. Louisville beat Florida in last years bowl matchup. The fact that Louisville dropped from 8th to 20th after their loss and that they, along with UCF and NIU, have to do so much more to get recognition, is ridiculous. I am glad UCF is going to a BCS bowl, though I wish it was Louisville, and I hope they win when they get there. I just wish that these bigger schools would give the upstarts a little more field time so we could have an accurate measurement to judge the lower conferences on. Since Louisville lost, they have won 5 straight and only moved up 1 spot in the polls. I don't get that how that happens when you have 6 teams ahead of Louisville, UCF, and NIU that have 2 losses. Hell, LSU has 3 losses and is still ranked ahead of these teams. I think the BCS board members breathe a sigh of relief once a non big name team loses so that Bowl World can be restored to 'normal'. I would enjoy seeing a Louisville-Fresno St championship game, but heads would roll if that became reality. Oh well, just wanted to throw my two cents in though it was probably a waste of money. Good Luck to UCF and have a good one................

Comment

Aside from an OSU championship, there's nothing I'd enjoy more this BCS season than UCF beating Auburn.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
        Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
        Johnson/Mears/
        Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

agree

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
          Aside from an OSU championship, there's nothing I'd enjoy more this BCS season than UCF beating Auburn.
          I couldn't agree with you more

Comment

Congrats!

Good luck to them!
            - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
              I'm on board with Jeremy.
              Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Working...
              X