Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who are the best rookies to collect in 2013 sets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are the best rookies to collect in 2013 sets?

hey everyone, first post here. i consider myself to be a amateur, semi-informed collector and avid sports fan. in years past i knew or had a pretty good idea which rookies to look for. either i am not paying enough attention to be in the know or the rookie card class is a little weak. i know the few bigs like Lacy, G. Smith and Mauel but who else should i be on the look out for? any suggestions would be appreciated.

There are no wrong ways nor correct ways when it comes to collecting football cards. For each individual collector, a select group of athletes are as varied as the color of the leaves on a tree during fall. An example would be to see what each forum member would trade for.

My information here will be of little use for you, and of other forum members. This is due to individual choice and in respect to so many different parameters. I will not go into all of the parameters as it will be too extensive and futile.

I'll pick just one to keep this simple. Who do you like?

I personally don't like anyone from the 2013 draft class. That does not infer that the 2013 draft class is bad. It's the opposite. It just means that my preference does not include the rookies of 2013. It's as simple as that. From what I see via the secondary market, I've noticed that your choices are spot on. Lacy, G. Smith, and Manuel are all highly sought after. I would include:

Aaron Dobson
    Cordarrelle Patterson
    Deandre Hopkins
    Giovani Bernard
    Knile Davis
    Tyler Eifert
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

I forgot to add that I would have to agree with your comment that the draft class of 2013 is a little weak to use your words. I also am a amateur semi informed collector as you. With that said, I adore Brett Favre cards and the 2012 draft class. This is due to starting my hobby of collecting football cards in 2012. I have been back tracking, currently the majority of collectors are now focused on new 2013 products. This has created a little extra breathing room in 2012 products. As you are aware, it is still a hot market, just look at the secondary market for rookie cards of Luck, RGIII, and Wilson to name a few. This will only escalate as these players take their teams to a playoff run. I have heard that 2014 will self propel itself in our hobby. It truly is a wait and see issue. I will definitely revisit my comments and concerns over the next several months to see what direction this has taken.

My best wishes to your endevours in 2013, and I look froward in viewing your cards in "Football Showcase"! You just never know if you'll find the rare card, a diamond in the ruff.

Toshi
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Well since I been stacking up on the 2013 class here are some names to help you out.

The names hayn mentioned of course.
        Tyler Wilson
        Mike Glennon
        Ryan Nassib
        Marcus Lattimore
        Quinton Patton
        Keenan Allen
        Stedman Bailey
        Tavon Austin
        Zach Ertz
        Marquise Goodwin
        Knile Davis
        Stefan Taylor
        Andre Ellington
        landry jones
        marcus wheaton
        le'veon bell
        dion jordan

If you need more let me know lol
        http://s995.photobucket.com/user/aut...?sort=3&page=1 Working on putting a bucket together

I collect new rookies, Aj McCarron, Eddie Lacey, Ej Manuel, Geno smith, Marqise Lee, Aaron Dobson, Older cards (1950s-1990s) along with anything that catches my eye along with Crimson Tide players/former players.

Comment

Working...
        X