Encounters with Athletes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Encounters with Athletes!

Post any encounters with athletes you have had. I think it would be interesting to hear peoples stories!!
    Bucket partially updated. Still working on it.
    http://s872.photobucket.com/user/Nic...in=true&page=0
    I am always looking for Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver and Packers Super Bowl team member autos!

I have been a Chef since 1984. Traveled all over the world while also playing jazz. I have met Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods, and Arnold Palmer. Johnson and Woods used to live in Maui, they would always make a request for me. I met Mr. Palmer in Saint Andrews, Scotland at the world famous Saint Andrews Golf Course. He gave me a personal tour of the course as I had no idea about golf. I found out through him that golf was invented at that very same course. I later took a limo and visited Hadrians Wall and Lochness. My band was an opening act for the Police and Queen. It was called "Live Aid". During our breaks, we would all hang out back stage getting drunk!

I had the honor in meeting and cooking for Gerald Ford, Hilary Clinton, and Clint Eastwood in Palm Springs, California. Some of my concerts included guest musicians from bands of Miles Davis, Weather Report, and John Coltrane. I've also had the oppurtunity to meet Charleston Heston and Burt Bacharach. My last encounter with athletes was here in Ohio. I was the personal Master Sushi Chef for Philantripist Bert & Iris Wolstein. The Wolsteins built a hotel in Aurora, Ohio where I was employed. I was requested to create a special sushi platter that celebrated Ohio States Championship team in 1992-1993. Of course I had absolutely no idea about sports nor did I care to. Through Mr. Wolsteins encouragement, I got a signed autograph from Archie Griffin and Coach Jim Tressell, as I was getting ready to go home that evening, a couple of really big guys asked me to make them food. I told them; "Show me the money or you can go to Taco Bell, it's open 24hrs. They all laughed and thank me for such craziness. They were members of the Cleveland Browns and their Coach Romeo Crennel. I have so much more stories to tell, it would take months for me to write it out. And there are just something's that occurred that I cannot repeat on such a family orientated site like CCW.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

thats amazing

Well you have indeed lived a storied life. Those are amazing encounters and provide great memories for your family. My encounter came after the Bengals/Dolphins game in Cincinnati when Don Shula coached against his son. After the game, my younger brother and I were outside the stadium and Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson came out and signed my program for me and, of all things, my brother just wanted a handshake which Dan provided. We also saw David Klingler but he was still ticked off from the game so he wasnt too sociable.
      Originally posted by hayn View Post
      I have been a Chef since 1984. Traveled all over the world while also playing jazz. I have met Magic Johnson, Tiger Woods, and Arnold Palmer. Johnson and Woods used to live in Maui, they would always make a request for me. I met Mr. Palmer in Saint Andrews, Scotland at the world famous Saint Andrews Golf Course. He gave me a personal tour of the course as I had no idea about golf. I found out through him that golf was invented at that very same course. I later took a limo and visited Hadrians Wall and Lochness. My band was an opening act for the Police and Queen. It was called "Live Aid". During our breaks, we would all hang out back stage getting drunk!

I had the honor in meeting and cooking for Gerald Ford, Hilary Clinton, and Clint Eastwood in Palm Springs, California. Some of my concerts included guest musicians from bands of Miles Davis, Weather Report, and John Coltrane. I've also had the oppurtunity to meet Charleston Heston and Burt Bacharach. My last encounter with athletes was here in Ohio. I was the personal Master Sushi Chef for Philantripist Bert & Iris Wolstein. The Wolsteins built a hotel in Aurora, Ohio where I was employed. I was requested to create a special sushi platter that celebrated Ohio States Championship team in 1992-1993. Of course I had absolutely no idea about sports nor did I care to. Through Mr. Wolsteins encouragement, I got a signed autograph from Archie Griffin and Coach Jim Tressell, as I was getting ready to go home that evening, a couple of really big guys asked me to make them food. I told them; "Show me the money or you can go to Taco Bell, it's open 24hrs. They all laughed and thank me for such craziness. They were members of the Cleveland Browns and their Coach Romeo Crennel. I have so much more stories to tell, it would take months for me to write it out. And there are just something's that occurred that I cannot repeat on such a family orientated site like CCW.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy03 View Post
        Well you have indeed lived a storied life. Those are amazing encounters and provide great memories for your family. My encounter came after the Bengals/Dolphins game in Cincinnati when Don Shula coached against his son. After the game, my younger brother and I were outside the stadium and Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson came out and signed my program for me and, of all things, my brother just wanted a handshake which Dan provided. We also saw David Klingler but he was still ticked off from the game so he wasnt too sociable.
        I've had to keep my experiences somewhat of a secret due to young children. Now that they are adults, my stories are told. They are more in shock! I left home at 16 to start my career. So I truly was a teen when I left home. My very adult children are amazed at the countries I've been to at such a young age.

I made sure that my children never got serious in playing music!!!! And now they no why. LOL!
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

WOW... im in shock. those stories are funny and a couple of the most interesting ones ive heard in my lifetime.

I have a small story. I am from and I am currently living in Middleton, WI which is a couple miles from Madison. I went golfing in madsion with a buddy of mine and this is when Montee Ball was with the badgers. So, we were golfing and this guy came up to us and said "hey you guys know that's Montee Ball on the other hole. We got close to him and we could see him well but we didn't talk to him and I do not know why!!! I regret not meeting him to this day and I always will!!!!!!!!
          I am always looking for Jordy Nelson, Donald Driver and Packers Super Bowl team member autos!

Comment

Also I say hi to Al Toon at the post office every once in a while because he lives in middleton and Nick Toon went to the high school but... No big deal.

Comment

Working...
            X