Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An old Japanese fool!

December 22, 2013

Today I decided to look back at my past Beckett guides. Since my collection is new, I only have a guide dating back to February of 2013. Looking into some values, I looked up a hit I received via Mrs. Toshi on Father's Day. I'm sure many forum members recall my big hit was a 2012 Panini Momentum Signature Series Rookie Auto x3 1 Color Jersey RGIII #102 (205/399). In Beckett's Februrary issue, this card had a book value of $200.00. 10 months later, this same card that I so cherished has a listed value of $150.00. WOW!

Interestingly, a Russell Wilson card from this same series in February valued at $40.00, had gain in value as of December 2013 at $100.00.

Andrew Luck cards has been the only constant. As I bring these facts to everyone's attention, personally, I am shocked by this. Remember, I've only been in this hobby for 1 year, so this is all new to me.

This hobby is as volatile as the stock market. From this point on, I hope things work out in everyone's favor in the District of Columbia. Shanahan can retire, RGIII can resume his career in winning more than 3 games, and an old Japanese fool can look back at his Beckett periodical and smile once again to see his card that was once devalued, to only rise back to it's original value.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi
Working...
X