What would you call these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you call these?

This is probably a stupid question to most, but what are those boxes of cards that Target and other stores have that say "Football" on the outside and have miscellaneous packs of cards from previous years?
    www.TopContenderSports.com

I know what your talking about. There is a company (I forgot their name) that purchases card packs from various years, they then repackage them for retail sale. Some of these packages will advertise a special incentive, a bonus auto card, a Beckett graded card, a memorabilia card, or a rookie card.

There is really no specific catergory for this product, my daughters boyfriend and I simply call them generic retail boxes.

Toshi
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by hayn View Post
      I know what your talking about. There is a company (I forgot their name) that purchases card packs from various years, they then repackage them for retail sale. Some of these packages will advertise a special incentive, a bonus auto card, a Beckett graded card, a memorabilia card, or a rookie card.

There is really no specific catergory for this product, my daughters boyfriend and I simply call them generic retail boxes.

Toshi

Comment

I've always heard of them referred to as repacks
        Arizona Cardinals Autos
        Alabama Crimson Tide Autos
        Wrestling Autos
        Wrestling Relics

Comment

Re-packs makes a lot of sense, thanks!

Comment

I've had fun opening some of those boxes. Never got anything super spectacular, but fun none-the-less. In the 2 boxes that advertised a special card, one was a game used Wily Mo Pena card which I liked and the other was a Gold parallel Babe Ruth kind of sparklish card which I was a little disappointed with. I saw it was booked at close to $20 but didn't think I could get that, so I sold it on Listia and racked up some points which I turned around and bought game used jersey cards. In the end, it all worked out!
            Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
            Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
            Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
            X