Can you tell if these are real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you tell if these are real?

Hi. I just traded for these 2 '84 Topps Rookies. They seem to be in TOO good of condition. Just wondering if it's possible for anyone to tell if these are real or fake from the scans.. I hear these are some of the most counterfeited cards. Thanks for your help.

And I got this one at my shop in Dallas. 99.9% positive it's the real deal.

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Wish I could be of some help to you.

I believe that my Marino RC is real, but that's only because I opened the pack & pulled it. Guess they could have opened & resealed the pack, but I'm thinking not.
    - Dave

I collect Calvin, Barry, 1 auto each of rookie Lions that make the team & HOF auto & GU.

Albums

Updated 3/25/2016

Comment

Send it in to PSA/DNA. If they confirm it's real, let them grade it. If they say otherwise, at least you know.
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

I would love to open some old school packs like that!
        The card stock feels the same on top 2 compared to Marino, The "T" on the "Topps" logo on both top cards are what have me worried, also how clean the black lines are..

If I do send in to PSA/DNA do I have an option to have it graded if deemed real but for them to send them back if they say it's not? I'd hate to pay for a graded FAKE card... lol

Comment

HAHA... I just realized what a tease the title of this thread is from the title only! Sorry guys... didn't mean to get your hopes up! It got you to open up the thread though, didn't it?!

Comment

Originally posted by 90sTriplets View Post
            I would love to open some old school packs like that!
            The card stock feels the same on top 2 compared to Marino, The "T" on the "Topps" logo on both top cards are what have me worried, also how clean the black lines are..

If I do send in to PSA/DNA do I have an option to have it graded if deemed real but for them to send them back if they say it's not? I'd hate to pay for a graded FAKE card... lol

Just state clearly what your expectations are, and see what can be done. Research their website and go from there.
            I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
              Just state clearly what your expectations are, and see what can be done. Research their website and go from there.
              I'm way too lazy to research... I'll just stuff an envelope with money and the card and send it too them. Whatever comes back will be a surprise!

Comment

If it they are not real, they will not grade them. Card stock looks a bit different though than the Marino, is it the same? Also look at the cards edges and colors. Check and see if you can see clear color, or if there are the pixel bumps you see from a scan. That is what I knew about checking if they are fakes or not. if you use a magnifying glass and they are fakes, you should be able to tell with that. Sorry on that Irvin piece you got. No doubt the auto is real but I believe that patch to be fake sadly.
                Emmitt Smith and Cowboys collector!

Comment

Originally posted by 90sTriplets View Post
                  I'm way too lazy to research... I'll just stuff an envelope with money and the card and send it too them. Whatever comes back will be a surprise!
                  Feel free to stuff an envelope with your highest premium card, then place several hundred dollar bills in the same envelope, and send it to me! Nothing will come back to you. That will be your surprise! LOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X