Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs or Layoffs?

To my fellow forum members,

That's the dichotomy of the NFL this time of the year. You head into the regular season games, your .500 and above, your coach stays. You make the playoffs some players will stay. If not you're traded, a free agent, or an insurance agent!

Last nights games were a mirror of such, playoffs or layoffs!

I definitely enjoyed the first game, and man was it a shoot out. A shoot out between Alex Smith and Andrew Luck very possibly a future HOF!

What Andy Reid did with KC in six months is a little bit of a miracle and a lot of blood, sweat and tears. This is a team dealing with a player killing his wife, only to drive to Chiefs headquarters and killing himself in front of the Coach and GM. Without question, they put that behind them and moved forward. What did not surprise me was Coach Reid's mismanagement with time! This is one of the many reasons that had plagued him in Philly, leading to his termination. Why would you take a time out seconds after a two minute warning? May I add your last time out! Maybe he has a second home in Colorado and smoked a couple of dubes before heading over to the game? He definitely was on something, and it was not time management!

As for the Colts? You have to admit, Luck is smart, patient, throws with accuracy (Something you don't see much in today's league) and most importantly you have to admire Lucks humility. It's not about him. It's his team, it's his Coach, it's his position players. Never about him. Most young stars never defer credit, Luck does. This is one reason, this young man will be a potential legendary QB in the NFL! I'm talking "Big Dog" legendary, the Unitas, Starr, Favre, Elway, Montana, Manning, Brady etc. Now in all honesty, with three fumbles, statistically you've lost the game and KC should have won! It was the Colts that overcame their mistakes, stood up to the challenge, and ultimately won the game.

Was it a good victory for the Colts? Hell No! You can't be sloppy and try to erase deficits like that. Other teams will make you pay. Think about it, if and that's a big IF, they make it deep into the playoffs, they must play with absolute perfection and no error. A perfect concerto if you will. Luck must be Mozart and lead his orchestra as such! He will be up against the Bach and Hayden of sports! When it comes down to it, he needs to be able to contend with the living legends! Manning and Brady to be exact. Then you still have the very dangerous teams like GB, Saints, SF, and most importantly the Seattle Seahawks! Can any QB be able to out smart Richard Sherman? That is the key to the Super Bowl!

Now the night ended on a ok note! Sean Payton and Drew Brees to be exact are infamous in home games but ludicrous in away games. A constant professional must be able to superceed both. Something that they definitely lack. To win the game by two points is acceptable for a mediocre team. Not the Saints, if this is their Modus de Operandi, they should default and go home. They definitely need to get their S*^# (Stool) together. Look at what awaits them!

Who in the world would have thought the Eagles would be in the wildcard playoffs? Things definitely changed with Nick Foles. Give Michael Vick a hand, he's there and has no complaints, most importantly he's willing to help. It's unfortunate that he had to learn his lesson in jail, but sometimes, that's what it takes. He's now the better man for it. Think about it My fellow forum members, superstar, jail, redemption, two winning seasons as a Eagle, big dollar contract, and now he's a true winner of the Super Bowl of Life! Let me explain, after the Super Bowl is over, everyone forgets. We are now focused on 2014. For Michael Vick, this is his personal Super Bowl that will continue as his legacy. You get the picture? As for a QB that started mid season, Foles gets a hands down thumbs up from me! That dinky weird looking kid can play! I guess nobody can look as good as Tom Brady throwing a fifty yard touchdown with his right arm while his left arm is holding his supermodel wife and both of them are in UGGS!

In the end, it's not about numbers nor points differentiation and all that other BS, it's about wins!

Toshi

A quick note, In the words of a legendary Player, Coach, and Owner; "Just Win Baby"!
    Last edited by hayn; 01-05-2014, 09:15 AM.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

I wanted to add that Andrew Luck (Whom is my all time active favorite QB) played like a true veteran and not like a 24 year old in his second season. His maturity will be his epoch in the coming years and as he continues to grow, so will his status in the echelon of legendary QB's of the NFL.
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
    X