Belichick: Welker's hit on Talib 'deliberate'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belichick: Welker's hit on Talib 'deliberate'

Coach Bill Belichick ripped Wes Welker Monday, calling the hit that knocked Aqib Talib out of the AFC Championship Game "deliberate."
    During the second quarter, Welker leveled Talib as the two crossed paths on a standard pick play that's a staple of the Broncos (and Patriots) offense. After that, the Pats defense had no answer for Demaryius Thomas, who finished with a 7/134/1 line. Six of those catches for 105 yards and the score came after Talib's injury. "It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib," Belichick said Monday morning. "No attempt to get open. And I'll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It's not for me to decide, but it's one of the worst plays I've seen. And that's all I'm going to say about that." Belichick's unprompted rant comes off as sour grapes. Welker's job on the play was to impede Talib's coverage, not injure the star corner.
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Give me a break. If it was deliberate, Welker probably learned it from Belichick. It is a legal play and I hardly think he was trying to injure him.
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
    X