Cowboys give kicker $22.5 million extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys give kicker $22.5 million extension

Cowboys K Dan Bailey's six-year extension is worth $22.5 million, with $7.5 million guaranteed.
    Only in Jerry's World. More cap strapped than any team in football, the Cowboys will likely have to convert salaries into prorated "signing" bonuses elsewhere on the roster to fit Bailey's head-scratching new deal into their already in-the-red finances. Bailey gets a $4.5 million signing bonus and $3.4 million per year in new money. We don't have any problem with Bailey -- he's 26 and one of the top placekickers in the game -- but the Cowboys' contractual dealings are annually the most preposterous in football. Maybe they'll bulk up Bailey and get him to double at defensive tackle. Dallas is currently nearly $22 million over the cap.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
    Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Ware and Witten take pay cuts to get more talent on the team and Jerry gives it all to a kicker... A KICKER!! I like Dan Bailey and he's been clutch since being signed 3 years ago. As kickers go in the NFL this contract doesn't make sense just from a timeline perspective. Hopefully restructuring will be in the future for this contract.

-BUCKET----ROOKIES TRADE LIST----WANT LIST----SET NEEDS----IRVIN HAVES LIST-
    LOOKING FOR ANY MICHAEL IRVIN CARDS I DON'T HAVE AND OTHER COWBOYS AUTO/GU/RC'S

Comment

I think it's a good deal. After Nick Folk & the Buehler disaster it's nice to not have to worry about whether we're going to get 3. Plenty of guys will be gone(Miles Austin) so we'll still be able to bring some guys in(hoping for Henry Melton).
      -Brady

Looking for mainly Cowboys, Andy Dalton
      http://sportscardalbum.com/u/bcw716
      http://s1291.beta.photobucket.com/us...62121686120534

Comment

Working...
      X