Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Card storage (Albums)

Hi folks,

Does anyone have suggestions on what to use for album storage of collection? I know I can use albums to store my sets, favorite players, etc. but I want to be able to stand them upright on a bookshelf. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Wouldn't just plain binders with plastic pages (for instance) be sufficient for such things? I have two of them myself. They're a lot like acrylic holders, though, since they require a huge amount of effort to get the cards in completely undamaged, but they work as long as you keep them upright and don't jostle them too much.

I'm sure others will have ideas, but that's my two pennies, take it or leave it.

Comment

Lay the albums face up flat, this will protect the cards of dust. If you lay them upright, the chance of dust getting into the top loading sheets can create a problem. They do sell side loading sheets to prevent dust collecting. The other method is to purchase 3 ring binder stamp albums, the better albums come with an outer protective case that slips on and off to protect your collection. They are a little more expensive.

Toshi
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Whatever you do just make sure you don't go cheap using the standard 3-ring binder - the pages will curl with the countour and the larger the binder the bigger the curvature you'll get on the cards nearest the spine. Spend the little extra and buy the d-rings... i think the Ultra Pro's only come in 3" and come with cheesy stamping; you can buy plain white in varying sizes from Staples or any other office supply store and the smaller the rings the more upright they'll stand without leaning which leads to added bending to the bottom right cards.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the advice guys!

Comment

Working...
          X