Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collection organization

Hi folks,

New collector & I have a question. One of the biggest problems I've run into is finding a way to catalog what I have at any given moment. Any suggestions? I'd be great if there was an easy/quick way to keep track of everything.

I want to get started trading with people, but sorting out traders from keepers, etc. is proving to be a challenge. Thanks in advance for your advice!

Believe it or not, a shoebox (or a card box, obviously) can be your friend. I have five boxes in use right now, each with a different kind of card in it…

1. Base Cards
    2. Rookie Cards
    3. Autographs / Jerseys / Insert Cards
    4. 49ers Cards
    5. Players I Collect

Also, a lot of people go to sites like Photobucket. These sites allow you to upload photos of your cards and organize them in to albums. This way, others can see what you have with just a few mouse clicks. My "bucket" isn't impressive, but check out the link in my signature to get an idea of what I am talking about.
    PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Just remember this cardinal law, there is no wrong way in collecting your sport cards. It's your cards and you can organize it in any way you wish.

One simple way is to create 32 slots for 32 NFL teams. Just mark off each section, I utilize BCW white trading card separators. They are sold as ten separators per pack. I tried white board stock from an art shop, it just did not look professional.

So what you'll start with is eight main sections, AFC North, South , East, and West. Then you do the same for NFC. Within these main sections, you then can further organize your collection according to teams that are within the AFC/NFC. You'll then have four teams represented in each category just like the NFL, that will include all 32 teams. An example would be,

AFC North
      Steelers
      Ravens
      Bengals
      Browns

I then keep all my quarterbacks from each team up front, then the position players. Another way is to create sets from Topps Chrome, Topps Platinum, and so on. Designate these sets as 2014, the year you acquired your cards. Then you'll have easy access to your cards. As drubacca117 states, utilize photobucket. I personally like "Sports Cards Album". It is user friendly and unlike photobucket, SCA was created exclusively for sports card collectors. I hope this helps!
      I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Comment

Working...
      X