Cleveland Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Browns

A quick comment on Jimmy Haslem. How the hell are you going to hire people, then fire the same people in less than a year? Besides being investigated by the FBI with his company Flying J, he comes across in my humble opinion not a individual I can trust!

For 2014, he needs to have a winning season with the Browns or all of this hire fire issues will seriously back fire on him. Good luck Cleveland Browns!
    I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/toshi

Message to the Browns:

Please don't draft Blake Bortles - Please don't draft Blake Bortles - Please don't draft Blake Bortles. Give him a chance in the NFL. If he goes to the Browns...
    Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
    Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
    Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Banner/Lombardi were horrible to begin with, so getting rid of them is good. Their draft last year was pathetic.

That being said, I think Lombardi was the one driving the Manziel-to-Cleveland train, so I wonder where Farmer sits with the QB situation. I'd prefer Bridgewater over any of them....but as long as it's not Bortles I'll be fine.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
      Johnson/Mears/
      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by ucffans View Post
        Message to the Browns:

Please don't draft Blake Bortles - Please don't draft Blake Bortles - Please don't draft Blake Bortles. Give him a chance in the NFL. If he goes to the Browns...
        I doubt they will, so don't worry about Bortles being drafted into a BLACK HOLE in the Browns.
        I am easy, I collect any and all NFL cards. Individual players I really enjoy are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Matt Ryan, Andrew Luck, RGIII, and Russell Wilson. My passion is Favre rookie cards and vintage cards.

Comment

One of the latest mock drafts I saw had the Browns trading up for the top spot to draft Manziel. They had the Texans taking Clowney at the 4th spot they got in the trade. As a matter of fact, they didn't have Texas drafting a quarterback in the first round at all. They had Bortles going 2 to the Rams and Bridgewater going to the Jags at 3. The only other quarterback they had drafted in the 1st round was Carr going 18 to the Vikings via trade. Cleveland is in such disarray right now, it would be hard to get excited about playing there. You need a lot more than just a quarterback and a stud receiver to win games (no insult to Lions fans), and that's all the Browns would have.

Comment

Originally posted by jsab4807 View Post
            Banner/Lombardi were horrible to begin with, so getting rid of them is good. Their draft last year was pathetic.

That being said, I think Lombardi was the one driving the Manziel-to-Cleveland train, so I wonder where Farmer sits with the QB situation. I'd prefer Bridgewater over any of them....but as long as it's not Bortles I'll be fine.
            I completely agree that the browns draft was pathetic, I thought it was a recipe to disaster! I can't say whom will be drafted yet, I will say that if the 2014 NFL season falls apart, the Cleveland Browns fans base will retaliate and all this garbage will backfire onto Jimmy Haslem.

If they pull out a decent winning season 8-8 (I can't even remember the last time the Browns did that.) Jimmy Haslem will become the hero of the Cleveland Browns Franchise. It's so sad for young children in NE Ohio in that they have to be subjected to this farce. In all seriousness, the last time the Browns were revelant, you had Otto Graham and Jim Brown as athletes that young children could idolize. Not to degrade Otto Graham and Jim Brown but that was in another era almost three generations removed! This is absolutely insane!
            Last edited by hayn; 02-11-2014, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy03 View Post
              One of the latest mock drafts I saw had the Browns trading up for the top spot to draft Manziel. They had the Texans taking Clowney at the 4th spot they got in the trade. As a matter of fact, they didn't have Texas drafting a quarterback in the first round at all. They had Bortles going 2 to the Rams and Bridgewater going to the Jags at 3. The only other quarterback they had drafted in the 1st round was Carr going 18 to the Vikings via trade. Cleveland is in such disarray right now, it would be hard to get excited about playing there. You need a lot more than just a quarterback and a stud receiver to win games (no insult to Lions fans), and that's all the Browns would have.
              This is so sad in that it teeters on self destruction. A Chinese fire drill is much more organized than what the Browns are facing in the upcoming NFL season! I've heard that several coaches were contacted directly from the Browns organization, all the coaches contacted politely declined. That alone says a lot about the executive commitee of the Browns.

Comment

The Browns are making the Cavs look like they know what they're doing.
                Last edited by whitney777; 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM.
                Trading for all Cleveland teams in Cleveland uniforms, Cleveland minor league affiliates & Columbus Bluejackets

Comment

Originally posted by hayn View Post
                  This is so sad in that it teeters on self destruction. A Chinese fire drill is much more organized than what the Browns are facing in the upcoming NFL season! I've heard that several coaches were contacted directly from the Browns organization, all the coaches contacted politely declined. That alone says a lot about the executive commitee of the Browns.
                  I feel bad for Josh Gordon. This man had 1646 yards receiving on a team that had 4!! quarterbacks combine for 4372 yards and 26 TD's. Not too bad from a numbers stand point, but when you couple that with the 1383 yards of rushing gained by 14 different runners that combined for 4 rushing touchdowns, you see how bad this team really performs. 1 Stud Receiver + 4 Quarterbacks + 14 Rushers =A mess in Cleveland. Maybe they should use Gordon as trade bait to get another pick or two in this years draft so they can rebuild. I would grab a couple of extra defensive players and a running back to go with which ever QB has the unfortunate task of leading this team.

Comment

Preach it

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
                    This is the statement of the day......

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy03 View Post
                      I feel bad for Josh Gordon. This man had 1646 yards receiving on a team that had 4!! quarterbacks combine for 4372 yards and 26 TD's. Not too bad from a numbers stand point, but when you couple that with the 1383 yards of rushing gained by 14 different runners that combined for 4 rushing touchdowns, you see how bad this team really performs. 1 Stud Receiver + 4 Quarterbacks + 14 Rushers =A mess in Cleveland. Maybe they should use Gordon as trade bait to get another pick or two in this years draft so they can rebuild. I would grab a couple of extra defensive players and a running back to go with which ever QB has the unfortunate task of leading this team.
                      Why would they trade their best player? You make it seem like the Browns have nothing, when in fact that's not true. They have an above average defense (9th in total defense last year), they have a solid OL, they have one of the best young TE's in the game, and one of the best WR's in the game.

People think they're a huge disaster because of the front office moves, but let's face it...the Browns are only as bad as they are because they have no QB. They have over $40 million in cap space, and have 7 picks in the first four rounds of the draft this year. If Farmer is even mediocre at evaluating talent, the Browns could easily contend in the North next year given how the Ravens/Steelers are close to rebuilds themselves.

Collecting: Browns/Cavaliers/Indians GU/Autos,
                      Ohio State Autos, Jamaal Charles GU/Autos,
                      Johnson/Mears/
                      Reutimann/Nadeau

Comment

Originally posted by whitney777 View Post
                        That's very funny, I amost choked on my skittles when I read this!

Comment

They need a miracle of God like assistance!

Comment

Working...
                          X