Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jets Sign Eric Decker

Y! SPORTS

NEW YORK (AP) -- The New York Jets have agreed to terms with former Denver Broncos wide receiver Eric Decker, considered by many the top free agent at his position.

Decker spent all day Wednesday at the Jets' facility and had dinner with a contingent of team officials, including coach Rex Ryan. He gives quarterback Geno Smith and the offense a sorely needed playmaker and No. 1-type wide receiver.

The Jets on Monday cut talented but oft-injured wide receiver Santonio Holmes after four seasons. The move saved the Jets $8.25 million, and Holmes was also scheduled to have a $10.75 million cap number, a lofty total for a one-time Super Bowl MVP who has struggled with inconsistency the last two seasons. He turned 30 last week.

The Jets get a rising star in Decker, who last season combined with Demaryius Thomas as the most prolific receiving tandem (2,718 yards) in the league, meshing with Peyton Manning all year. The 6-foot-3, 214-pound Decker, who'll be 27 on Saturday, set career highs with 87 catches and 1,288 yards receiving to go along with 11 touchdowns. He had 85 receptions for 1,064 yards and a career-best 13 TDs in 2012.

I guess with the sexy woman he has at home and the millions of dollars he gets to wipe his tears with, he can't be that sad over the fact that he's going to a team where he has Geno Smith throwing to him.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Originally posted by sportscardrage View Post
      I guess with the sexy woman he has at home and the millions of dollars he gets to wipe his tears with, he can't be that sad over the fact that he's going to a team where he has Geno Smith throwing to him.
      Haha, Geno still shows a little promise, it might not be that bad! It will be weird to see him in a Jets uni though!
      PC'ing Minnesota Twins Auto's and GU's, and popular former Twins in their Twins uniform!

Currently Updating My Bucket: http://s1372.photobucket.com/user/drubacca_117/library/

Comment

Hardest thing for him is that he will be expected to be a #1 WR and he is really suited to be a #2.
        Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
        Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
        Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Talk about a reality check, well, talk about losing touch with reality. I am not sure if this was as ego move or a money move but you just stepped out of the best case scenario into the unknown. Decker does become the featured wide out in a situation that will have defenses focusing solely on him. Not dogging the Jets but you left the company of J Thomas, D Thomas, and Welker to surround yourself with Michael Campbell, Saalim Hakim, Clyde Gates, Stephen Hill, etc. I know the Jets were 8-8 a year ago, but this is still a head scratcher. I guess a ring isn't as important to Decker as one would think.

Comment

This will be great for Decker- I see him putting up some solid stats. And yes- he will look weird for awhile in the Jets uni.

Comment

Working...
            X