Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patriots Sign Darrelle Revis

Y! SPORTS

He signed with another NFL team before dinner. And it's a contract that will have everyone buzzing.

The New England Patriots signed Revis to a one-year deal worth $12 million, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Revis was on the free-agent market for about four hours before finding a home in New England. He'll be paired with coach Bill Belichick, a defensive mastermind who will utilize Revis' talents to the fullest.

John Geiger, Revis' marketing and business manager, said on Twitter that a deal between his client and New England has not been reached, but a story regarding the signing is on the Patriots' official website and other outlets have confirmed Schefter's report.

Revis was slated to earn $16 million with Tampa Bay this season, but Bucs coach Lovie Smith refused to pay the cornerback to play in his Cover 2 scheme, which does not need an elite man-to-man defensive back. Tampa Bay signed cornerback Alterraun Verner on Tuesday, which solidified Revis’ departure.

This will be Revis' third team in three seasons.

Revis was one of the NFL’s elite cornerbacks with the New York Jets, but was traded to Tampa Bay last year for a first-round pick in 2013 and a fourth-round pick this year. He then signed a six-year deal with Tampa Bay worth $96 million, but that was the highlight of his stint with the Bucs. The Buccaneers tried to trade Revis before he was released, but didn't find a partner.

Just feels that the Pats are bargaining with their success on the shoulders of two future hall of famers, while having so many glaring holes around the team. If they don't sign Julian Edelman I really have no clue what Belechick is doing.
    my bucket (always being updated): http://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii86/tbbthelegend/

Jacksonville Jaguars Spreadsheet

Collection Jacksonville Jaguars - 3134 Total - 1080 Rookies - 616 Serial #ed - 185 Game Used - 243 Autos

so I'm always on the lookout if you want to work out a trade.

Comment

Revis seems to me like a player who wanted to be paid. Now that he got his money, he doesn't need to work as hard. Maybe I'm wrong, but as a Bucs fan, I'm not too sad to see him leave.
      Favorite baseball players include: Mike Schmidt, Steve Carlton, Kirby Puckett, Pete Rose, Tyler Colvin Mark Appel
      Favorite football players include: Peyton Manning, John Elway, Daunte Culpepper, Mike Alstott, Blake Bortles, and Dri Archer
      Collecting: 2012 Topps Mini 1987 topps... non-certified autos (in person or through the mail), autographed cards with bible verses

Comment

Working...
      X